PDA

View Full Version : Rinox vs. Techo Bloc

PlantSolutions
03-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know anything about the quality of Rinox? I am installing a driveway and the client likes the Rinox. How is it compared to Tech Bloc?
Thanks all!

cgland
03-28-2006, 09:00 PM
From what I've heard, Rinox and techo are very similar composition wise. I have seen the Rinox and don't like the aesthetics of it as much as I like Techo. The Rinox plant is literally 20 minutes from my house and there isn't a distributor to buy it from.:dizzy: Way to hit your target market!

chris

LB Landscaping
03-28-2006, 09:13 PM
We just got Techo Bloc here, seems like a good product. The local supplier says it is very tolerant to salt in the winter and will not crumble like others. Not sure about that but time will tell. Price is comparable to similar products.

mbella
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
From what I've heard, Rinox and techo are very similar composition wise. I have seen the Rinox and don't like the aesthetics of it as much as I like Techo. The Rinox plant is literally 20 minutes from my house and there isn't a distributor to buy it from.:dizzy: Way to hit your target market!

chris

I've been trying to get Rinox's pricing for a couple of months. I went to the plant and nobody could help me. I've made phone calls and nobody can help me. I've been doing the home show circuit and two weeks ago, I went to a home show and they actually had a booth. Guess what, nobody was in the booth! In addition to nobody being there, there wasn't any literature available to take along. It's the stupidest thing.

PAPS Landscape Design
03-29-2006, 12:24 AM
The Rinox owner used to be partners with the Techo owner... The Rinox owner left Techo and formed Rinox.
We use Techo only.. far and away a much superior product to Rinox.

PlantSolutions
03-29-2006, 08:43 AM
The Rinox owner used to be partners with the Techo owner... The Rinox owner left Techo and formed Rinox.
We use Techo only.. far and away a much superior product to Rinox.

I went to a local supplier and they stated that the owners used to be with Grinell and they wanted to make a product that was similar to Techo Bloc, but with a lesser cost. They love the product, but do not carry all of the styles and colors.

I went to their website and it looks as if they are out of Canada. My client likes them better than Techo Bloc because of the color and the smoothness of the paver. Safer on dog's feet. But, is their no one who has used them out there?????? I want to make a sound decision.....:confused:

Thanks...

Pavers Plus
04-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Rinox approached us to sell their product. We didn't like it as much as Techo-Bloc. Apparantly Rinox's Pennsylvania plant was only at 30% capacity as of mid-February, so product availability may be an issue this year.......

landcare pa
04-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Here`s What i heard from a friend of mine?Rinox Pavers

Haines & Kibblehouse, Inc. is very pleased to announce the addition of Rinox Pavers to the versatile H&K Group family of companies. This exciting addition to our corporate family will enable us to confidently enter the manufactured masonry hardscape market. Formulation of Rinox Pavers has merged The H&K Group and Rinox, Inc., a Canadian-based masonry hardscape manufacturer. Manufactured materials will include paving stones, retaining walls, and a wide variety of architectural-type masonry products. With The H&K Groups existing network of strategically positioned aggregates facilities and Rinox, Inc.ís industry leading capabilities in the manufacture of concrete masonry products, this marriage presents a natural and forward-thinking transition for The H&K Group. Present sales models indicate a market range that will extend from upstate New York to the Carolinas.

Rinox Pavers will operate out of a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Douglassville, Pennsylvania. This facility will be the first of its kind in the United States. Rinox Pavers expects to ship product from its Douglassville facility by mid-April, 2005.

To take a look at a November 08, 2004 Rinox Pavers Press Release referencing groundbreaking of a new 35,000 square foot state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Douglassville, Pennsylvania. Click Here

To learn more about Rinox Pavers and their full product line. Click Here

mbella
04-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Here`s What i heard from a friend of mine?Rinox Pavers

Haines & Kibblehouse, Inc. is very pleased to announce the addition of Rinox Pavers to the versatile H&K Group family of companies. This exciting addition to our corporate family will enable us to confidently enter the manufactured masonry hardscape market. Formulation of Rinox Pavers has merged The H&K Group and Rinox, Inc., a Canadian-based masonry hardscape manufacturer. Manufactured materials will include paving stones, retaining walls, and a wide variety of architectural-type masonry products. With The H&K Groups existing network of strategically positioned aggregates facilities and Rinox, Inc.ís industry leading capabilities in the manufacture of concrete masonry products, this marriage presents a natural and forward-thinking transition for The H&K Group. Present sales models indicate a market range that will extend from upstate New York to the Carolinas.

Rinox Pavers will operate out of a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Douglassville, Pennsylvania. This facility will be the first of its kind in the United States. Rinox Pavers expects to ship product from its Douglassville facility by mid-April, 2005.

To take a look at a November 08, 2004 Rinox Pavers Press Release referencing groundbreaking of a new 35,000 square foot state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Douglassville, Pennsylvania. Click Here

To learn more about Rinox Pavers and their full product line. Click Here

Yep, that facility is there alright. I pass it about two times a week. The problem is, they haven't been able to secure many vendors in the area.