PDA

View Full Version : Quick Books Invoice Question

HighGrass
03-28-2006, 02:15 PM
I just finished my first job and am using quickbooks to invoice for the first time. The job was a spring clean-up and pretty straight forward. I itemized some of the items but here's my question...

When I went to print it out, in the the upper right hand corner over the word invoice, it's stamped with "DRAFT" in huge letters. Is this right?

Littleriver1
03-28-2006, 04:57 PM
No, it is not right. Try creating a customized invoice and save the template as a duplicate before you put any customer information in. Then every time you create an invoice the same blank duplicate will open automaticly. It may be you are still in the draft mode if you print it before you save it.

HighGrass
03-29-2006, 09:27 AM
No, it is not right. Try creating a customized invoice and save the template as a duplicate before you put any customer information in. Then every time you create an invoice the same blank duplicate will open automaticly. It may be you are still in the draft mode if you print it before you save it.
So you're saying that it may be because I am using the generic template?

HighGrass
03-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Well, I tried making a new template and still I get this big fat "Draft" in the upper right hand corner. Every time I do a search for this in QB, it gives info on all the variuos kinds of invoices...maybe it's a type of invoice? If it is, I don't see a function or button for turning it off.

HighGrass
03-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Well, I tried making a new template and still I get this big fat "Draft" in the upper right hand corner. Every time I do a search for this in QB, it gives info on all the variuos kinds of invoices...maybe it's a type of invoice? If it is, I don't see a function or button for turning it off.
Here's what I mean...
http://photos.imageevent.com/flying/thrustaero/websize/Draft.JPG

Littleriver1
03-30-2006, 05:59 PM
What version if QB are you using. When you click on create invoice and the invoice opens in the center is the word template and next to it is the word customize. Is this how you are creating each invoice for each job?