PDA

View Full Version : putting on the mail

bumper
03-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Have not seen much in the way of mailers. We have given some thought to designing our postcards on recycled paper blah blah...but where and how do you get the all the addresses in a given area or zip code? Anybody know of any specific rules from the Post Office regarding postcard mailers?

PTP
03-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Look in the yellow pages under mailing services. They will be able to take care of all of the details for you.

48hourprint.com does a good job printing what you have designed.

bumper
03-28-2006, 09:20 PM
K, thanks....second question..has anybody compared the cost of using the mail vs paying somebody to walk the streets?...we have not done any formal advertising as of yet so this part of the biz is new to us

mtdman
03-29-2006, 01:49 AM
First, from personal experience, I'm more likely to pay attention to a nice postcard that comes in the mail than a rolled up flier on my door.

Second, I do a little bit of direct mailing and I do it all myself. I've made my own lists of target neighborhoods over the years and use those. There's a nifty site where you can do a reverse lookup for addresses based on street addresses, which allows you to target your own areas. It doesn't give you all the street addresses, but it does give you a majority of them. And it's free. Use it to create a database, make your own labels, slap them on your postcard and you're good to go.

Here's the reverse address lookup: http://www.reversedirectory.langenberg.com/

For good values, and fast printing of postcards, go to vista print in my signature. I got 3000 standard postcards for like $239 plus shipping last month.

Good luck.

bumper
03-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks..that is very helpful and useful info !!!!!!