PDA

View Full Version : good job by passing out flyers.

StBalor
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I passed out 2000 flyers this past weekend. Got a call and the guy says i have a job for you, so i meet with him. Seems he wants a new fence. I told him i am a lawn service, but he asks if i will help him with his fence. Tells me he will pay me 450.00 to do the job, he estimates it will take 10 hours. Then he also tells me that he will give me 45.00 hr, for every hour over 10 hours. He then asks if i have a home improvement lic? I said no, but i don't need 1, i am only helping you put up your fence, not doing it for you. He said thats right. Since the grass is not needing cutting yet and i really did not have much work, i jumped on it quick. I started it today, took down all the old fence, had to replace 2 posts. then we went and picked up the new fence. Worked 7 hours on it today and estimate 6 more tomorrow putting it up. it's working out great, he already payed me for today.
What do you guys think of this? and do you all take any jobs outside of your field like this?
I usually tell them i will do just about anything if the money is right.

sheshovel
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Hey..grap um up when you can $450.00 for two days work is not a bad thing at all.

Freddy_Kruger
03-28-2006, 06:05 PM

Splicer
03-28-2006, 06:20 PM
It sure beats a blank IMHO...I should be so lucky...