PDA

View Full Version : A flyer with all the key elements

DynaMow
03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I think this is my best flyer of all.

These are half sheet, black on yellow 110# card stock
What are the elements I am trying to get across.

1) think savings
2) small and personnal
3) professional
4) Family man
5) eye pleasing
6) use both sides
7) make them take action

Did I do it?

Here is the front

DynaMow
03-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Here is the back

ArizPestWeed
03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
You need to add .
Guaranteed 100%

lawnMaster5000
03-29-2006, 01:26 AM
how are you getting these printed? If you are printing these at home then I guess this wont make any difference.

Your card is 4 colors on both sides making it very expensive, but you don't really utilize the four colors very well.

lawncutterupper
03-29-2006, 02:16 AM
The grammer needs a little improvement on the back side. Im a B english student at best so I might not be perfect here either but you could try typing it into microsoft word and it will show the grammer errors.

"You should always be aware of who is at your home when you are not. By hiring a company that sends out multiple crews, the same care can not be taking when servicing your lawn as I will provide. You may not even see the same crew from week to week. By hiring me, you will know the guy you pay for the service, is the guy doing your service..."

Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.

DynaMow
03-29-2006, 09:10 AM
The grammer needs a little improvement on the back side. Im a B english student at best so I might not be perfect here either but you could try typing it into microsoft word and it will show the grammer errors.

"You should always be aware of who is at your home when you are not. By hiring a company that sends out multiple crews, the same care can not be taking when servicing your lawn as I will provide. You may not even see the same crew from week to week. By hiring me, you will know the guy you pay for the service, is the guy doing your service..."

Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.

wish i would of talked to you before print because that does sound better

These are half sheet, black on yellow 110# card stock

J Hisch
03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I think the flyer is great. I agree with the grammer issue. However, be very careful about saying something about crews. What happens when you need to expand and hire help? What if your hurt etc. I run crews, for several reasons. Just my adivse. You are puting yourself in a corner when you say you will always be the one doing the job. We are no different then plumber, Heat and A/C thec. They all run crews and people dont seem to care. They only want a good job.

DynaMow
03-29-2006, 10:22 PM
I think the flyer is great. I agree with the grammer issue. However, be very careful about saying something about crews. What happens when you need to expand and hire help? What if your hurt etc. I run crews, for several reasons. Just my adivse. You are puting yourself in a corner when you say you will always be the one doing the job. We are no different then plumber, Heat and A/C thec. They all run crews and people dont seem to care. They only want a good job.

I hear ya, and agree with your concerns as they have come accross my mind also. But with that said, I do not feel I will need to hire (past one crew) for at least 2 years. So I did want to put those thoughts in their mind. But it is something I plan (and hope) on having to deal with at sometime. Thank you for a good true concern.

Carolina Cuts
03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
IMO.. I like everything... cept' for the part about DO NOT HIRE AN LCO WITH CREWS...
1. Sounds like your bashing other LCO's...
2. to me, it also sounds like your trying to put the fear of God into the customer about hiring someone with a crew... and they can't be trusted or something.

I understand the point and concept you're trying to make... but you may want to reword it..... my 2cents.

ps... I'm solo... I offer the service...other services... 1-2 specials... and phone# on my flyers. On a roll this year... 600 flyers passed out.... 20 returned calls. woohoo... (yes, I'm tootin' my own horn...) *L*

DynaMow
03-30-2006, 12:46 AM
IMO.. I like everything... cept' for the part about DO NOT HIRE AN LCO WITH CREWS...
1. Sounds like your bashing other LCO's...
2. to me, it also sounds like your trying to put the fear of God into the customer about hiring someone with a crew... and they can't be trusted or something.

I understand the point and concept you're trying to make... but you may want to reword it..... my 2cents.

ps... I'm solo... I offer the service...other services... 1-2 specials... and phone# on my flyers. On a roll this year... 600 flyers passed out.... 20 returned calls. woohoo... (yes, I'm tootin' my own horn...) *L*

Good response rate for sure, would love to see the flyer that produced those results.

Jpocket
03-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Having a crew is the only way to go if you are ever going to grow the business, and stop using your back everyday.

DynaMow
03-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Having a crew is the only way to go if you are ever going to grow the business, and stop using your back everyday.
i realize that but for now i do not have enough mowing accounts to justify putting help on so I will use it if it works in my favor.

Runner
03-30-2006, 11:43 PM
here ARE some issues that seriously need to be addressed. Did this go to printing already? If not, here are some changes that need to be done (improper sentence fragments, wrong punctuation (need a question mark where there is a period), and wrong comma placement. Other than that, it looks great!

Lawn Masters
03-31-2006, 01:16 AM
IMO, the thing about crews makes it sound like you're trying to say everyone else has people that are not trustworthy or will not know english. leave out the stuff about a crew, and follow the advice you've been given. your flyer is VERY attractive right now, with those things corrected, it will be even more attractive to the market you wish for them to reach.

Fantasy Lawns
03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Looks great

Gotta TYPO on the back page .... when your sentence is address those whom send out crews .... your have "where" just hired .....needs to be "were" or re-worded to "may have been"

Something like that .... other wise I like it

Liquidfast
03-31-2006, 04:20 PM
The wording on that flyer is pretty bad. IMO, the print shop should have double checked the spelling and a few other things on that flyer prior to sending it out to print. My last flyer, I used recieved instead of received and it pissed me right off. Anyway, again IMO, not the best I've seen but I do wish you the very best.

DynaMow
03-31-2006, 04:34 PM
The wording on that flyer is pretty bad. IMO, the print shop should have double checked the spelling and a few other things on that flyer prior to sending it out to print. My last flyer, I used recieved instead of received and it pissed me right off. Anyway, again IMO, not the best I've seen but I do wish you the very best.
Dude I am the print shop and what are the few other things that they should of checked?

Runner
04-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Can you send that to me in WORD format? I can do some revisions that I'm confident you will like. You can then compare the two and tell me what you think. I just need the wording, (not the pictures, please) lol. I'd be happy to help out.

HOOLIE
04-01-2006, 11:58 AM
i realize that but for now i do not have enough mowing accounts to justify putting help on so I will use it if it works in my favor.

I think just mentioning the owner/operator aspect gets your point across. A few years down the road if you expand your happy customers will understand. So I wouldn't paint having crews in a negative light, I think negative advertising in general turns a lot of people off...just look at how few people vote :laugh: