PDA

View Full Version : Preventing theft

eight1seven
03-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Was wondering what do ya do when your out working is everything chained or what? today i saw this guy he was out working mowing*, outside his truck he had his dog chained to the truck a rotweiler (good or bad idea?)

sooner74
03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
give the guy props for trying to protect his stuff , but I got to say its a bad idea if neighborhood kid tries to pet it... I wouldn't do it

JKOOPERS
03-29-2006, 12:19 AM
man i have never seen anything like that in my life. only in :usflag:

tutti1956
03-29-2006, 10:57 AM
I have locking racks for all of my equipment except gas cans and I keep them locked with a cable, a 5 gal can of gas is worth more than a weed eater these days......

Tn Lawn Man
03-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Heed my advice....LOCK EVERYTHING...ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

Your biggest thieves are other LCOs. They drive by throw a blower or edger or whatever in their truck and 20 seconds they are gone. And, nobody thinks the wiser because another piece of equipment on their truck does not look out of place.

Your second biggest culprit is the nosey neighbor. You know the one who watches you all the time. You go around back to mow and while you are out of sight he grabs your rake or trimmer and puts it in his garage and shuts the door. This fella also does not look out of place sniffing around your stuff because "He lives in the neighborhood" and can walk wherever he feels like it.

Freddy_Kruger
03-29-2006, 11:20 AM
An Idea I've been toying with is GPS locators. I want to install one in the truck (to track the employess) and one on very expensive equipment, like a ZTurn.

Just toying with the Idea. But I will be keeping things locked up too.

Freddy_Kruger
03-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Was wondering what do ya do when your out working is everything chained or what? today i saw this guy he was out working mowing*, outside his truck he had his dog chained to the truck a rotweiler (good or bad idea?)
Maybe it wasn't necessarily there for protection, I take my dog with me for snow removal. Mind you I just let in run around.