PDA

View Full Version : Storage for Equipment?

jbone
03-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Just starting out in the business. Im asembling equipment but came up with quite a problem. I have no place to store it overnight or during the off season. I dont have enough room where I live, and cant really afford to open any type of shop or garage. Any suggestions on a cheap secure place to stor equipment? Hopefully something with water to clean equipment.

Freddy_Kruger
03-29-2006, 03:12 AM
I have the same problem but I have no more storage room. I'm going to build a shed custom fit for mowers.

LawnBrother
03-29-2006, 05:39 AM
Use a self storage unit. I can fit all my equipment in a 10 X 20 (with little room to spare), It is on a gated property, secured by an alarm, 24 hour access (no water, but it does have electricity), for a whopping $115 bucks a month. The way to go unless you can store it in your garage. Whatever you do, make sure it is very secure, or you won't be in biz long.....

StBalor
03-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Use a self storage unit. I can fit all my equipment in a 10 X 20 (with little room to spare), It is on a gated property, secured by an alarm, 24 hour access (no water, but it does have electricity), for a whopping $115 bucks a month. The way to go unless you can store it in your garage. Whatever you do, make sure it is very secure, or you won't be in biz long.....

Thats a great idea, does all the gas need to be outof the tanks before you can store it in self storage?

jbone
03-29-2006, 08:53 AM
self storage is a good idea but I also need aplace for my trailer

westwind
03-29-2006, 09:10 AM
local farmer, or a friend with room?

FIREMAN Q
03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
i live in a condo complex so i have the same problem. I sold the open trailer and bought a enclosed trailer. Its more money but the security is priceless and in my case i know have a way to tow the motorcycle to different places if needed.

LawnBrother
03-29-2006, 03:27 PM
How big is your trailer? I have a 10 x 20 storage unit. It holds a 5 x 8 trailer, 1 large WB, 2 small wbs, and all my tools, etc. They don't care about the gas in the cans. They rent out units up to 10 x 30. You may also consider indoor storage at a warehouse, or even outdoor storage(I wouldn't recommend that, it is hell on your equip.) Wherever you store it, just be sure it is secure.