PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation Education

Superbrock
03-29-2006, 02:51 PM
I am currently seeking an irrigation contractor in the Jacksonville, FL area. I would like to gain working knowledge of irrigation installation, design and other sides of the business. (Very limited schedule, I have a full time job)
Any help would be appreciated.

PurpHaze
03-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Good luck on your venture. There's a couple of guys from Florida that frequent this forum but I'm not sure if they're near the Jacksonville area. I'm sure one of them may drop in and maybe provide some info.

Wet_Boots
03-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Well, if your fulltime job allows a bit of websurfing, you can read all about it here, with occasional side trips dealing with picture compression, stagnant pressure, and.... The Larch.

Superbrock
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
I have learned alot via the web, but of course there is still much more. I do have some irrigation experience through previous work on golf courses (mostly repair). I also have an A.S. in Turfgrass Science. I learn more through hands on training. That is why I would like this experience.......not looking to get rich.

bicmudpuppy
04-04-2006, 08:26 AM
.......not looking to get rich.

Most here would agree that is a good thing :) This buisness still involves "digging a ditch............."

Superbrock
04-04-2006, 09:23 AM
After being out of the field for a couple of years, I am ready to get back outdoors. I am currently in sales.