PDA

View Full Version : What Kelvin Bulbs are you using?

Travisty
03-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey guys,
Just curious if everyone is using the standard bulbs at about 2900 degrees Kelvin. I am thinking about playing with some of the solux bulbs that are anywhere from 3500 K to 4700K and was wondering if anyone has played around with any of this and what you guys think? :confused:

Travis Schiffner
ShadowScapes

NightScenes
03-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey guys,
Just curious if everyone is using the standard bulbs at about 2900 degrees Kelvin. I am thinking about playing with some of the solux bulbs that are anywhere from 3500 K to 4700K and was wondering if anyone has played around with any of this and what you guys think? :confused:

Travis Schiffner
ShadowScapes

I use Ushio lamps and they are 3100 degrees Kelvin. I haven't fooled around much with color temperature. I use more filters if needed.

Travisty
03-30-2006, 09:47 AM
That's what we have been using from longhorn. Rich accidently gave us a Miko, I think?, 35W 12degree spot that was a lot whiter. That's the only reason I thought about it because the customer made a comment on it. We quickly changed it out, but I think he liked the whiter light. Not to mention we had to really up everything in wattage on the house do to every other house on the block having line voltage. Also his neighbor had the MH Lamps so that was really white.
Travis Schiffner
ShadowScapes

NightScenes
03-30-2006, 09:49 AM
That's what we have been using from longhorn. Rich accidently gave us a Miko, I think?, 35W 12degree spot that was a lot whiter. That's the only reason I thought about it because the customer made a comment on it. We quickly changed it out, but I think he liked the whiter light. Not to mention we had to really up everything in wattage on the house do to every other house on the block having line voltage. Also his neighbor had the MH Lamps so that was really white.
Travis Schiffner
ShadowScapes

A 35 watt 12 degree lamp is pretty intense. Rich is a good guy. When you see him tell him I said hi, would ya?

Travisty
03-30-2006, 01:23 PM
You actually hooked me up with Rich inadvertantly, I hope I spelled that right.. . I will tell him you said hi. He has been a tremendous help to us.
Thanks.
Travis Schiffner
ShadowScapes
:weightlifter: