PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Ching$$$$

Ocean Side
03-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Ok Here is a biggie! Do you charge more for commercial or not? Do they want a yearly, mothly, or weekly Mowing Price??? My 1st Commercial bid, ( That isnt owned by a friend or relative) what is the norm on this??? Thanks!

Runner
03-29-2006, 10:07 PM
No. The numbers are basically the same, and sometimes even less with the pro-rating of larger properties. As far as the billing, ours is done monthly. That is the general rule for commercials.

rfed32
03-30-2006, 12:31 AM
i know i bill them the same unless they want it montly or bi-weekly but if not i bill them the same once a week...and i usly charge same amount...if they want me to weed when im there then the rate goes up a few bucks and so on and so on....

GreenUtah
03-30-2006, 03:32 PM
more what? More overall dollars? Of course, commercial properties tend to be bigger and take a wider variety of services. More per sq foot? Unlikely, unless you are the only service provider in the area. Companies tend to chase commercial work for volume and efficiency, not price per foot profit margin vs. residential. Large commercial work allows use of labor saving devices, like large area mowers, dealing with a single contact for x amount of sq feet and working in a single location for a longer period of time, resulting in less windshield time. In return, the standard is a lower price per thousand feet, 30 billing, commercial insurance requirements and near continous price shopping. As far as your pricing scheme, monthly, weekly, etc. that is up to you, just remember that some months have more cuts than others. Billing weekly will likely be frowned upon, so if you cannot carry the work for 60 days, (30 to first bill, then wait 30 for payment) then you are likely not ready to chase commercial.