PDA

View Full Version : Want to make some frikin cash?

Big Salmon
03-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Sell cars for a year before you even think about strarting you own business. Dealerships are always looking for new blood to sell their product. Apply at a local dealership and learn from the best.....Scummy auto salesmen. I was one for a year, soley for the purpose to learn how to sell product. Even thought I knew everything about the lawn care industry ( worked 13 years in it), I still didnt have the balls to walk door to door and sell my services. I was very shy person and fought my fears to learn how to sell. I got a job at a large dealership and learned EVERYTHING about how to sell. The mangers were pricks, the finance people were pricks, my co workers were pricks for the first 3 months I worked at this dealership. I made it throught the initiation phase and became top seller in my 4th month. Everybody respected me after that. I was on my way to "great things", the head guys said and that day I quit. I knew I was ready to sell my expertise....lawn care. I have beeen in business for 2 years and gross over 300K, net 170. I could not have done this if it were not for the experience at the auto dealership I worked at. If I would have stayed at this dealership, I would have made a ton of money...BUT, Lawn care was my thing and I didnt want to work for "the man". You all can do it...Learn how to sell first and take off.....Im going to have another whiskey coke.Later

grass disaster
03-30-2006, 02:21 AM
Just found out yesterday that the management company that I have mowed for the past 3 seasons(=2600 per month) decided to purchase their own equipment and have the mantenence guys and a few scab helpers do the lawns this year. He swore that he would have us back becuse he loved the work we did for him. This was in early March. I told him about insurance, workers comp, maintenece on machinry ETC.. and he started to wonder what the heck he had gotten into. he is goint to try it for a year and then see what happens he told me. I am now drinking out of control to make this a funny situation. Thats all I can do. Moral of the story is...Dont put your eggs in one basket with commercial, and property manangement companies. Thank god I have a great residential base that will get me through this crap...I just had to vent:hammerhead:

and your worried about 18 lawns???

Big Salmon
03-30-2006, 02:52 AM
Yah, 18 lawns = 2600 per month, =18,200 for the season. wouldnt that make you a bit irritated? It isnt that big of a deal, but taking a step backwards at this time of the year still hurts a ton. You got to understand Disaster...