PDA

View Full Version : Flyers?

Big Heath
03-30-2006, 03:24 AM
Would anyone be willing to share their flyers with the new guy? Trying to be creative but it wouldn't hurt to have some help.
Thanks,
Heath

lawnsplus
03-30-2006, 04:37 AM
I just go to the front door at my house and gather them all from the stoop and look them over for 5 seconds max. The ones that catch my interest I read more inside the others go in the trash...

Replicate the positive... Do not duplicate....

Look over what caught your attention.

Who do you want your ideal customer to be?

We have taken a humorous approach and it appears to be working pretty well.

We had 20,000 of these go out in a door to door, door hanger bag delivery.

It seems to work for us.

ALarsh
03-30-2006, 08:45 AM
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Door%20Hanger/front%20copy.jpg

http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Door%20Hanger/back%20copy.jpg

jbone
03-31-2006, 03:30 AM
WOW!!! Those fliers are nice.....I'd hire you:)

poolboy
03-31-2006, 05:57 AM
Go to designoutpost.com, have someone design it for you than have gotprint.com print it.

Freddy_Kruger
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM

Wow, I'm gonna hang those on my wall.

daveintoledo
03-31-2006, 01:44 PM
many people here beleive, that if your flyers look too expensive you dont get as many calls, people think you are too expensive....

Willofalltrades
03-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Although daveintoledo, The higher end residential I have found look for professionals because they have been screwed by lowballers before.

Willofalltrades
03-31-2006, 01:49 PM
If you want a nice looking flyer try www.dpgink.com. They created my flyer and printed it for me. I have been told by many tha tit looks very professional.

daveintoledo
03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Although daveintoledo, The higher end residential I have found look for professionals because they have been screwed by lowballers before.

your still a kid, you really know nothing of the professional world, what its like to have a mortgage on a 1/4 million dollar home, or how to take care of it...i didnt say cheap, never mind youll find out in a few years.....

daveintoledo
03-31-2006, 02:34 PM
dont imply that people who dont use 4 color flyers are not professionals.... maybe your far enough away from the crumbling auto industry, but we are not.... there are more upscale homes for sale here then anything else... people are out of work loosing there homes... those who are still hanging in there are value conscience... i didnt say cheap, you get them to call you for an estimate however you can.... these days it doesnt pay to look expensive, then once you are there you can sell yourself and services for as much as you like

beleive me i am no lowballer, and will not use 4 color process flyers, wast of money.....

Willofalltrades
03-31-2006, 04:59 PM
your still a kid, you really know nothing of the professional world, what its like to have a mortgage on a 1/4 million dollar home, or how to take care of it...i didnt say cheap, never mind youll find out in a few years.....
Dave i am just a kid, I'll admit it. The part about knowing nothing about the professional world was uncalled for. I am 17 yrs old and I have a $20,000 ford escape that I pay for and soon an Exmark (not to mention the equipment I already bought). I relly on professioanlism to pay for this stuff. It's not a $250,000 house but Its still a big responsibility to do what I have done with out anybodie's help at my age. Im not starting a bickering war. I just want to share things that I have found the over past two years of advertising for myself.

Willofalltrades
03-31-2006, 05:10 PM
This is what DPGINK made for me. The program Macromedia Fireworks MX is a perfect all around web design, logo design, and flyer design program. That is how I made the logo. A lot of text changes have occured but you get the idea. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=135593

Freddy_Kruger
03-31-2006, 06:41 PM
This is what DPGINK made for me. The program Macromedia Fireworks MX is a perfect all around web design, logo design, and flyer design program. That is how I made the logo. A lot of text changes have occured but you get the idea. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=135593

I use illustrator CS2, I am currently designing an ad for the neihbourhood paper and I have to save it to illustrator 8 or earlier and save for the Mac.... I HATE MACs

ALarsh
04-01-2006, 01:07 AM
I hear what you are saying dave. I have 900 out right now, another 400 are gonna go out soon. We will see what the results are like. Right now i'm not pleased... mail man could be picking them up... not quite sure.

According to the 1% response rate, I should accumulate 13 calls. Got 1 so far which was a bogus drop off some mulch which did not amount to anything.

I have been using the 4 color nice design because every lawn care company except one and myself have black text printed on colored paper. This sets us out from the rest, but results will tell.

Dunn's
04-01-2006, 03:07 AM
You must be in st. louis area midwest. Because thats what they all do here green paper with black writing. Not to be mean but you can do better than that and not spend any more money. In fact I get dorrhangers made and its cheaper than going to kinko's and getting copies made on colored paper.

Freddy_Kruger
04-01-2006, 03:12 AM
I hear what you are saying dave. I have 900 out right now, another 400 are gonna go out soon. We will see what the results are like. Right now i'm not pleased... mail man could be picking them up... not quite sure.

According to the 1% response rate, I should accumulate 13 calls. Got 1 so far which was a bogus drop off some mulch which did not amount to anything.

I have been using the 4 color nice design because every lawn care company except one and myself have black text printed on colored paper. This sets us out from the rest, but results will tell.
900? man... get the black on coloured paper and put out 10 -20 thousand, and then hit the same area again... don't deliver them yourself, or I don't know.

Willofalltrades
04-01-2006, 02:24 PM

Ever thought about doing inserts in the locol newspaper? I can get 10,000 inserts for around $1000. Thats going to be next year.

Freddy_Kruger
04-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Ever thought about doing inserts in the locol newspaper? I can get 10,000 inserts for around $1000. Thats going to be next year.
ooo that's expensive, I get it for 4.5 cents each or 450 bucks.

ALarsh
04-01-2006, 06:41 PM
You have to keep in mind I am doing this part time, school full time. 15,000 flyers @ 1% response rate = 150 calls = way too many for me to handle. My goal was to add 10 customers to this years lawn service.

Not to be mean but you can do better than that and not spend any more money.
What do you mean?

I had them printed at www.adcoprint.com

lawnsplus
04-01-2006, 07:20 PM
I get 20000, yes twenty thousand, full color flyers printed on 80# gloss paper for $1250.00 I then have them delivered for $800.00 by a door to door flyer delivery service.

My cost is .10 cents each delivered to the front door.

1.7% response rate last go around thats 300 + calls and estimates, with 75 becoming customers in one way or another. The money I made off the last flyer just contract work alone, has allowed us to add another crew before the next 20000 go out. with a refocus to hardscapes and irrigation, I want to build this sector of the business.

Heres the last one I sent out attached.

runninhorn
04-02-2006, 03:18 PM
I get 20000, yes twenty thousand, full color flyers printed on 80# gloss paper for $1250.00 I then have them delivered for $800.00 by a door to door flyer delivery service.

My cost is .10 cents each delivered to the front door.

1.7% response rate last go around thats 300 + calls and estimates, with 75 becoming customers in one way or another. The money I made off the last flyer just contract work alone, has allowed us to add another crew before the next 20000 go out. with a refocus to hardscapes and irrigation, I want to build this sector of the business.

Heres the last one I sent out attached.

has that particular flyer done well?

trying 2b organic
04-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Clean cut -- Great name great flyer.

My personal exp in MY market. Got just as much response from my 3 cents per copy b and w as my 13 cents per copy glossy. Disappointing but true.

Now that Im with the cheaper per copy price it makes sence for me to do it by the thousand in the community newspapaer (cheap) as opposed to direct mail or admail. (mailboxes)

The only thing I havent yet done is glossy door knockers.

I generally agree with the merits of "looking expensive" I try to look expensive so low ballers dont call. I am busy with people who are willing to pay more for a premium service. (was my goal)

runninhorn
04-02-2006, 05:20 PM

who designed that and how much did it cost?

lawnsplus
04-02-2006, 11:44 PM
has that particular flyer done well?

Umm... look at that post, I got a 1.7% response rate.

ALarsh
04-02-2006, 11:46 PM
who designed that and how much did it cost?
The guys at www.designoutpost.com did it.

Cost at the time was $125. Not sure if the prices have gone up since last year.

rfed32
04-03-2006, 08:42 PM
my 1st question is are u going to be landscaping with that suv??i know plenty of people do it...i mean sh*t i did it and that right there isnt professional, lost biz b.c of it...i know my s10 isnt much more professional but i still am a step in the right direction people like to see a truck

my other thing is u dont need to spend a grand or even 500 or even 200 bucks on flyers...i spend 150 bucks...i buy 10000 sheets of paper from office max at 7.99 for 1000 sheets and i buy two black tonners and print them then in my off time i go out and pass them out...will be passing out 1000more tomorrow...i get just as many call backs as my buddies dad when they pass out flyers....so u dont need to spend a lot of money...since u have an suv save ur money for a truck...thats what im doing and im almost there

ALarsh
04-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Since when did somebody have an SUV?

rfed32
04-04-2006, 12:07 AM
my fautl it was someone else....that was 17 i didnt look at the name...sorry about the suv part of that post...anyways put whoever that is its not a good idea if thats what ur gonna landscape with trust me i know from exper.

Willofalltrades
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM
my fautl it was someone else....that was 17 i didnt look at the name...sorry about the suv part of that post...anyways put whoever that is its not a good idea if thats what ur gonna landscape with trust me i know from exper.
Its all about using what you have. I can't finance a truck right now. Give me a year and 100-150 clients and I will buy myself a Ford truck in your name!:weightlifter: