PDA

View Full Version : Help with Marketing

mes37fan
03-30-2006, 10:35 AM
I am new to the business and have advertised in the local paper with minimal results. I have also put out many door-hangers with a little bit of success. I have put a few business cards and tear off sheets in a few businesses. My question is are there other things that I can do that I am not doing ?

One more thing, I have put out door hangers in deed restricted / no solicitation communities here in southwest florida. I had an unpleasant personal encounter with a citizen and yesterday I received a nasty message on my business line saying that the sheriff will be called if I am seen again. I don't knock on doors or bug anyone. I really do not see that as soliciting. Any comments? These two encounter have brought me down a little down a little bit. Should I ignore and move on? I have not received any phone calls from one of the subdivisions and feel that I been blackballed.

Thanks for any advice. :usflag:

StBalor
03-30-2006, 01:42 PM
We have a few no soliciting comminities here in maryland also. I do not pass flyers out there because that is soliciting. Flyers are a good way of advertising. Better than newspaper ads in my opinion. With flyers you can target certain areas that have lots of houses and will be convenient to your home. and keep your routes tighter.
But with flyers, be prepared to do alot of walking. And don't expect alot of calls per thousand flyers. I would plan on passing out a minimum of 5,000 flyers more if you can.
Reasonable expectation is 5 - 10 calls per 1,000 flyers. Not all if which will hire you.
So good luck.

uvitols
03-30-2006, 02:08 PM
im having the exact same problem

Full throttle lawn care
03-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Can you please post flier and your news paper add? I may have some ideas that may get that phone ringing? This is a great time to try something different,what do you have to loose?