PDA

View Full Version : Aeration but not Lawn Service

ramlawncare
03-30-2006, 03:07 PM
I am new to the business and have been passing out flyers and going door to door. I am receiving plenty of calls for aeration but not getting many weekly lawn jobs. Any suggestions?

dcondon
03-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I am new to the business and have been passing out flyers and going door to door. I am receiving plenty of calls for aeration but not getting many weekly lawn jobs. Any suggestions?

If you do aerations it may lead into more work from the same account. Just do a great job and see what happens.:waving:

GreenUtah
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
do every aeration that you can, be on time, be professional and do the little extras that show attention to detail(like sweeping your cores off the cement). Try for evening and saturday appointments, so that you can meet the people that are hiring you face to face, even if you're just there to aerate. Leave them your card, which will outline the other services that you offer and ask for them to please call you anytime they need any other service you offer. Leave neighbors on each side and across the street the same card, tell them that you were in the neighborhood servicing and ready to take care of their needs as well. You show that you are a pro, interested in providing service at a fair price and you ask for their business. That's your path.

ps. It won't hurt you to add signage to your truck if you haven't already. Never discount the value of being seen in the neighborhood.

Pioneer01
03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm in the same boat this year and only have one signed contract for full service but my aeration is booked solid for the next week. Maybe its cause we've had all that cold the last few weeks. This weekend should get people thinkin about those lawns....