PDA

View Full Version : Just got a flyer on my mailbox!

velocicaur
03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
I received another one of these for plowing in the winter and thought they'd go out of business. Guess not, just received their summer one.

Cut/edge/trim/blow

0-6000 sq ft based on 26 cuts - 490/yr - Approx 18.85/cut
6-10000 sq ft based on 26 cuts - 525/yr - Approx 20.20/cut
10-15000 sq ft based on 26 cuts - 618/yr - Approx 23.77/cut

Unless the sq ft is based on the total lot size and not just turf size. :confused:

And I was hoping to start next year... :cry:

-EDIT- Did some searching on the internet, appears they have had/currently dealing with alot of legal issues. Guess there is still hope for me

Billz
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Is that from Cut Only and Plow Plus?

velocicaur
03-30-2006, 07:31 PM
PM sent :)

dcondon
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
They will not be in business very long with those prices.:rolleyes:

cklands
03-30-2006, 08:05 PM
I wonder if they will make the commute to MA. For those prices I could sub to them, stay home and make a boat load of money with no overhead.:hammerhead: :drinkup:

Billz
03-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Well they have been in business for about 6 years at least, and I would guess they have about 1000 customers. They flood the area with thousands of doorhangers every year, and I see them every day, no matter what end of town I am in. They use old toros, old trucks, with 1 man crews. I think they have at least 10 crews. The prices you mentioned were lower than in previous years, then it was 24.95 for up to 10,000 sf and $5 more for up to 15,000. The guy always doorhangs on mailboxes, but has never got in trouble. Here is a link to a site about him. http://www.cutonly.com/

Runner
03-30-2006, 10:40 PM
This guy is completely clueless. Is he giving you a hard time? Do you have one of his flyers? If y9u have the one advertising fert and weed control, you can just call the Mich. Dept of Agriculture and ask to speak with with a field inspector/agent. This guy isn't even licensed to do this (this is fact), and not only is it illegal for him to do this, but it is also illegal for him to advertise that he DOES do it. Here's the link to his flyer....
http://www.cutonly.com/documents/Lawn%20Clinic5.pdf

Dunn's
03-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Wow you guys in michigan really dont like this guy huh?

Freddy_Kruger
03-31-2006, 02:34 AM
I think the guys a regular entrepnuer. Those mailbox laws are something a Nazi would come up with. Too many laws down there...

daveintoledo
03-31-2006, 08:39 AM
call the post office and complain, and turn him in for the chemical apps

Freddy_Kruger
03-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Don't be a tattle tale..

You know what? this guy who has a thousand customers and ten crews might be screwing up here and there but he also might only be a tweak or two away, from becoming a millionaire with a class A co.

daveintoledo
03-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Don't be a tattle tale..

You know what? this guy who has a thousand customers and ten crews might be screwing up here and there but he also might only be a tweak or two away, from becoming a millionaire with a class A co.

if he is applying pest illegal, its a problem for everone on the planet.... and if he was that good, he wouldnt be running a illegal operation.....

sorry freddie, but i have to ask at this point, you have 0 years of experience, and almost 300 post in your first month here.... somthing to consider... read more....

Freddy_Kruger
03-31-2006, 05:51 PM
if he is applying pest illegal, its a problem for everone on the planet.... and if he was that good, he wouldnt be running a illegal operation.....

sorry freddie, but i have to ask at this point, you have 0 years of experience, and almost 300 post in your first month here.... somthing to consider... read more....
Well I'm learning about lawn care as fast as I can, I'm in the business now. I DO read as well as ASK questions AND I'll give my opinion where I see fit.

robentcorp
03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey can somone contact me about the regulations about Cut Only and fertilizing? I called Department of Agriculture but got spun around. Contact me at rob@pegasus-ventures.com

robentcorp
03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
I am the guy who put the website up. I built his original website to promote his business. I have seen all the complaints about how he has treated people. 41 Lawsuits, 36 Better Business Bureau complaints...I am not a big fan of bugging people with regularion, but this guy really takes people's money and runs. I am not sure this is somone we want out there with chemicals of any kind.

Runner
03-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey can somone contact me about the regulations about Cut Only and fertilizing? I called Department of Agriculture but got spun around. Contact me at rob@pegasus-ventures.com

Quite simply...If you go on the state Dept. of Agriculutere's site, there is an area that says "find a licensed company", or something of that nature. You type in the company, or the county they work in (his is Kent - but I checked all the others)), and the category (in this case, it would be turfgrass). It will bring up all the licensed companies (except those just licensing this year). Well, this guy has been doing it,...and doesn't exist on this site. Furthermore, he is advertising that he does it. This is totally illegal, as you cannot give any sort of suggestion that you offer this service unless you ARE licensed. If you are doing it for someone else (working for another company, it is one thing, but you can NOT state it under a company name that is not licensed.

Soupy
03-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Quite simply...If you go on the state Dept. of Agriculutere's site, there is an area that says "find a licensed company", or something of that nature. You type in the company, or the county they work in (his is Kent - but I checked all the others)), and the category (in this case, it would be turfgrass). It will bring up all the licensed companies (except those just licensing this year). Well, this guy has been doing it,...and doesn't exist on this site. Furthermore, he is advertising that he does it. This is totally illegal, as you cannot give any sort of suggestion that you offer this service unless you ARE licensed. If you are doing it for someone else (working for another company, it is one thing, but you can NOT state it under a company name that is not licensed.

Can you legally advertise it and then subcontract the work?

Runner
03-31-2006, 11:26 PM
No. That is the purpose of this. There is just no way of depicting the difference between the two for the state DOA. Therefore, they just call it flat out - so they are not using up time and effort splitting hairs. If it is advertised, it MUST be advertised by a licensed company. Furthermore, an unlicensed company is not able to bill a customer for pesticide aps - even if they're done by a licensed company. The licensed company is required to take care of the administrative work - especially including the obvious which is a statement of service that includes the date and address of application, windspeed, active ingredient used and the rate it was applied, the target pests it (or they) was/were applied for, the EPA numbers for the pesticide (and common name), and customer instructions according to label, name of applicator, licence number, and name and number of the company that applied the chemical. These records then have to be kept for not less than 1 year (3 years for RUPs). (See Reg 636).

Billz
04-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Well, the way they explained it to me is that it is legal to advertise fertilization, because to apply only fertilizer you do not need to be licensed, only when applying pesticides.

Runner
04-01-2006, 03:50 AM
That is exactly right. This only applies to pesticides. So, as soon as you say fertilization and weed control (as he is), you are in a whole different realm. The thing is, is that there isn't a whole lot of people that want a fert program, that don't want the weeds controlled. The weed control is one of the highlights to most people of the fert. programs. In many cases, if you fertilize and not control the weeds, you are just fertilizing the weeds. For the most part of the perrennial weeds, they do NOT goaway. They just keep growing and reproducing. If you have a lawn full of dandelions, you will preyyt much always have a lawn full of dandelions. Sure, you can go out there and use mechanical control (pulling), but good luck. You never get them all, and there are always new ones coming up. As soon as the dandelions are done, the plantain kicks in. Of course, let's not forget the chickweed, Oxalis, clover, ground ivy, and all the other fun stuff! Oh, what's that you say? Looks like chinch bug damage??? Grubs???

topsites
04-01-2006, 08:54 AM
http://www.cutonly.com/

Dude you really need to read the Web site LofL!!!

The whole site has been re-written by the Hosting company who pulled the original due to violations and continuous complaints.

Those guys are in a lot of trouble, the whole Web site is nothing but bad news about these guys, the Hosting company did this so as to inform the unwary customer.

topsites
04-01-2006, 08:56 AM

I still agree thou, don't be a tattle tale...

That is unless you have to turn state's evidence to avoid prosecution yourself lol !

topsites
04-01-2006, 09:00 AM

Then again, pegasus ventures doesn't warm up to me as a hosting company, either.

Billz
04-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Dude you really need to read the Web site LofL!!!

The whole site has been re-written by the Hosting company who pulled the original due to violations and continuous complaints.

Those guys are in a lot of trouble, the whole Web site is nothing but bad news about these guys, the Hosting company did this so as to inform the unwary customer.

Yep, that site is how I read about the problems with this guy. I get their flyers multiple times each year, and they are still going strong. Yesterday I saw about 1000 more on mailbox flags in SE grand rapids.

SomervilleLawncare
10-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I almost went to work for these guys in when I was in school at GVSU. I went out to an interview took one look at how they ran that operation and left. I'm very suprised they are still in business, but I see those trucks all over the place

Chilehead
10-16-2007, 11:46 PM
They will not be in business very long with those prices.:rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly!

daveintoledo
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
call the post master and turn them in, very illegtal to post flyers on a mailbox

SomervilleLawncare
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
seems like everyone around here puts fliers on mailboxes, I dont think the post office cares enough to enforce the law.

daveintoledo
10-17-2007, 09:41 PM
seems like everyone around here puts fliers on mailboxes, I dont think the post office cares enough to enforce the law.

they have too, if there are complaings......and its a hefty fine for each occurance......when the post master investigates and learns he can fine up to 10,000 per occurance, it may interest him......... its a dod eat dog world....

privatelawn
10-17-2007, 09:50 PM
even the bigger companys around here put flyers on mail boxes like the new pizza hut that opened up next door, I dont do it because time is better spent walking door to door then putting them on mailboxes though nowdays I just mail them

daveintoledo
10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
even the bigger companys around here put flyers on mail boxes like the new pizza hut that opened up next door, I dont do it because time is better spent walking door to door then putting them on mailboxes though nowdays I just mail them

i expect pizza hut can afford better lawyers then a new start up LCo........

either your a criminal, or your not... its how we decide to live our lives, by the rules or not...... carma....

Team-Green L&L
10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure how Michigan is, but in Ohio all you have to have is 1 licensed applicator within a reasonable driving distance from any of the properties that are being treated. We always have a Licensed Applicator on staff and payroll for that reason, but all our guys are not licensed and do not need to be.

privatelawn
10-18-2007, 05:05 PM
putting a flyer on a mail box may be being a criminal, so is driving 1 mile over the speed limit, that makes 99% of the world a criminal

i expect pizza hut can afford better lawyers then a new start up LCo........

either your a criminal, or your not... its how we decide to live our lives, by the rules or not...... carma....