PDA

View Full Version : Clean up question!!!

Eric Green
05-03-2001, 09:18 PM
Hey all, hope everyones' season has gotten off to a great start!?
In my latest spring clean-up endeavor I uncovered a dead a dead 'possum while blowing leaves out of the flower beds yesterday. I am well aware of the term " playing 'possum" so I left it there. If it is still there when we go back tomorrow, we are scheduled to remove it. Do you guys think I should charge alittle extra for this service? I 'm leaning towards maybe $20 bucks but I need some more opinions,I'm already in to her for about 2& a quarter, but whaddya think???

Eric

Esby
05-03-2001, 09:58 PM
Well, I dont know if I would tell her that "I am charging you $20 for removal of your dead pest." Better I would just incorporate it into the bill, you are already getting a good amount of money for it. I would just let her know that you took care of it for her, and she'll be grateful. Its not too hard to get rid of an animal like that. But good luck if its been there for a while!!

kris
05-03-2001, 10:09 PM
I agree with Esby... is there something special you have to go through to get rid of it or is it just a matter of shovelling it into a garbage bag? People don't like to feel like they have a gun to there head to get extra money.. build it in to the price and nicely mention that you took care of it

Craig Turf Management
05-04-2001, 12:01 PM
I would just shovel it into a bag like any other debris in the beds. I wouldn't charge any more to remove the carcass.It's really no big deal. Heck we eat those things down here.
Sometimes there are lumps in the gravy, but it's all good.Bill Craig

bobbygedd
05-05-2001, 10:07 PM
throw it in the truck with the rest of the cleanup debris. thats what we do with squrrils and birds

Stonewall
05-05-2001, 10:15 PM
Road kill's good, ain't it Bill? :D

lawnman_scott
05-05-2001, 10:29 PM
Just be glad it wasnt a dead alligator like i ran into early one morning while mowing a feild right by a swamp. It was a long time ago and i needed the money or i would have been gone real fast.

Runner
05-05-2001, 10:48 PM
Why don't you just bury it and be done with it? I would just scrape the sod off (if there isn't a field near by) and dig a hole and dispose of it. Gone forever.