PDA

View Full Version : advertising in church bulletin?

Lawn Masters
03-30-2006, 08:40 PM
I just looked at my church bulletin, I could get advertising space in there for absolutely free. all I have to do is send in a business card, and the church will scan it in, and print it in the monthly bulletin sent to all its members.

Does this sound like a good idea to you guys? I mean its literally free advertising going to probably around 60-100 people or more, which would probably land me a few new clients in my direct area.

exmark1
03-30-2006, 09:33 PM
I would do it! It's free advertising afterall!

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
03-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Free is Free. In addition, you are talking about your church right? If it is going out to around 100 people many of which probably already know of you or have seen you before. I say go for it.

Lawn Masters
03-30-2006, 09:45 PM
yes, its my church, well I dont OWN the church, I should say, I'm a member there, and I know nearly EVERYONE in the congregation. what is there to lose right? I mean its free advertising, and you cant argue with that at all. whats the worst that can happen, I dont get any business, I'm not out any money.

ozd12005
03-30-2006, 09:59 PM
I just looked at my church bulletin, I could get advertising space in there for absolutely free. all I have to do is send in a business card, and the church will scan it in, and print it in the monthly bulletin sent to all its members.

Does this sound like a good idea to you guys? I mean its literally free advertising going to probably around 60-100 people or more, which would probably land me a few new clients in my direct area.

you have nothing to lose

Roger
03-30-2006, 10:32 PM
"... nothing to loose."

Not in my view. A church bulletin is NOT a place to advertise. It is a vehicle to inform members and attenders about the happenings AT the church, not about what individual businesses are doing. The bulletin is never an advertising medium for individuals.

Any bulletins I have seen in churches are crammed for space, many items being left out because of lack of space. Why would anybody give you space for advertising at the expense of space to speak about the business and happenings at the church? Sure, the process is easy, as mentioned -- scan the card and insert into the document. Ease of process is not hardly the issue.

If you are deeply involved with activities in service to your local church, people will know what you do, lawn service. You need no advertisement to fellow members. If you are not active in service to your local church, you need to understand your responsibilty as a member. Service to the local church is not done as a way of promoting your own business either -- just don't be involved for the sake of promoting yourself.

I don't think highly of anybody using their church connections to promote themselves. That is selfish and demonstrates a lack of understanding about why the local church exists.

cwlawley
03-30-2006, 10:40 PM
^You wrote an awlful lot for not taking into prespective that a lot of churches are different. A lot WANT to advertise for their congregation...a lot ask for donations to help contribute to the cost of making it. I would go for it.

Mr Budget
03-30-2006, 10:42 PM
I agree 100%"... nothing to loose."

Not in my view. A church bulletin is NOT a place to advertise. It is a vehicle to inform members and attenders about the happenings AT the church, not about what individual businesses are doing. The bulletin is never an advertising medium for individuals.

Any bulletins I have seen in churches are crammed for space, many items being left out because of lack of space. Why would anybody give you space for advertising at the expense of space to speak about the business and happenings at the church? Sure, the process is easy, as mentioned -- scan the card and insert into the document. Ease of process is not hardly the issue.

If you are deeply involved with activities in service to your local church, people will know what you do, lawn service. You need no advertisement to fellow members. If you are not active in service to your local church, you need to understand your responsibilty as a member. Service to the local church is not done as a way of promoting your own business either -- just don't be involved for the sake of promoting yourself.

I don't think highly of anybody using their church connections to promote themselves. That is selfish and demonstrates a lack of understanding about why the local church exists.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
03-31-2006, 10:13 PM
I advertise in my church bulletin and have gotten some great customers.It cost me $120 a year and that cost is used to publish the bulletin. I say go for it.

2 clowns mowing
04-01-2006, 06:57 AM
i would put the artical in asap! and i would donate something when they have a event. church people take care of there own:waving:

Lawn Masters
04-01-2006, 07:14 AM
i would put the artical in asap! and i would donate something when they have a event. church people take care of there own:waving:
I'm thinking now that I will actually do it. knowing me, I'll donate something like $50 a month or something like that, maybe more if I can spare it. advertising through the church just doesnt seem right sometimes, ya know?

grasswhacker
04-01-2006, 07:27 AM
"... nothing to loose."

Funny how people think of church as a way of selling their products and services using religon as a way of "networking"
Sounds familiar:

John 2:[15] And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
[16] And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
[17] And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Doug Z.
04-01-2006, 03:42 PM
I just put my ad in. Our congrgation is the largest, or 2nd largest in the area. I want to say that we have over 20,000 members. I had been thinking about it for a while, finally did it. I wasn't so lucky, mine is over $400 a year, but it sure gets seen. As for those against it, our paid ads are what pays for the bulletin in the first place.

Splicer
04-01-2006, 04:25 PM
As for those against it, our paid ads are what pays for the bulletin in the first place.
BINGO!

My church asked for volunteers to do spring cleanup and mulching for Easter. I of course donated my companies time and tools and man-power to the cause and they were SO greatful:) . My ad goes in next week!:clapping: The church was really impressed with the work performed and I think I got 1 account (the person is going to speak to her mother) from there. To top it off this was all done outside the church not inside like the quote from the bible talks about. Jesus was ticked because the merchants were INSIDE the temple/church selling their wares. I honestly don't think Jesus or His Father would mind me helping my church and my church helping me. :weightlifter:

Adam3669
04-01-2006, 07:57 PM
go for it. NOTHING wrong with it.

LandscapePro
04-01-2006, 09:42 PM
BINGO!

To top it off this was all done outside the church not inside like the quote from the bible talks about. Jesus was ticked because the merchants were INSIDE the temple/church selling their wares. I honestly don't think Jesus or His Father would mind me helping my church and my church helping me. :weightlifter:

Well one thing is for sure. Everyone ever born will hear the answer to that question shortly after the trumpet sounds and you won't be the only one in that boat.

Mike
La. Landscape Contractor #2576

grasswhacker
04-01-2006, 10:26 PM
BINGO!

My church asked for volunteers to do spring cleanup and mulching for Easter. I of course donated my companies time and tools and man-power to the cause and they were SO greatful:) . My ad goes in next week!:clapping: The church was really impressed with the work performed and I think I got 1 account (the person is going to speak to her mother) from there. To top it off this was all done outside the church not inside like the quote from the bible talks about. Jesus was ticked because the merchants were INSIDE the temple/church selling their wares. I honestly don't think Jesus or His Father would mind me helping my church and my church helping me. :weightlifter:

I see no problem with someone seeing your work done around the church and then getting some business from it. The thing that is quite odd to me is a church advertising in what is supposed to be a bulletin of spiritually related announcements not business related ads. And if a church sells the ads it wreaks of carnality.

Gatewayuser
04-02-2006, 11:47 PM
BINGO!

Where do you go to church at?

jtkplc
04-03-2006, 12:33 AM
"... nothing to loose."

I agree unless your church puts advertisements in the bulletin and therefore your church's bulletins already contain preexisting advertisements.

lawncare3
04-03-2006, 03:45 AM
If it's free go for it. I pay $650 a year. Never again.