PDA

View Full Version : Maryland? Anyplace to dump for free?

howardsells2000
03-30-2006, 11:08 PM
I live in Middle River Maryland and was wondering if anyone in this area knows where you can dump grass clippings, leaves or tree branches for free or at least cheaper than Baltimore County Land fill?

StBalor
03-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Not sure about Baltimore county. But anne arundel county landfill is free. Unless you have any markings on your truck for commercial use. Or you have ladder racks. This is why i do not put any lettering on my truck. Only my trailer. I do not take my trailer to the landfill either, because they charge for trailers also.

FearThisDeere
03-31-2006, 08:17 AM
You can also try your local DPWs because sometimes they have a compost pile that they will let you dump at for free. My DPW takes all my leaves, grass clippings, and horse manure from my farm. I make atleast two trips a week down there!

howardsells2000
04-01-2006, 12:27 AM
My truck is lettered so I get charged every time.

Firefighter1428
04-05-2006, 03:29 PM
My Local "Beauty Spot" (One of a couple county locations) just had in the paper that they will no longer except lawn and grass clippings. Im having the same problem, I along with a few other lawn guys in my town are scrambling to find a place to dump. I wonder if its a Maryland thing cus Im in montgomery county. I have never been charged for dumping even with my company name on the side of my truck. The main county dump site does charge for dumping over a certain weight, but any unless you are bring it in by dump truck or large dump bed load you wont be close to the weight limit. The problem with this dump is that from where most of my jobs are, its atleast 30-40 minute (One way) trip. Its hard to get to and you have to travel through heavy traffic no matter what time of day. I'd hate to have to raise the prices just to cover the expense of travel time and dumping fees, But looks like it may have to be done.