PDA

View Full Version : Paver experts in here?

oldrustycars
03-30-2006, 10:48 PM
im new here. i occaisionally work on some pavers...lee boy 10000's. do we have any experts if i get stuck on something? so far they seem like just "nuts and bolts". thanks.

UNISCAPER
03-30-2006, 10:50 PM
What part of Illinois are you from? Was in western Chicago suburbs for years before moving to the land of fruitcakes and nutjobs.

oldrustycars
03-30-2006, 11:01 PM
western chicago suburbs, oddly enough. batavia, to be exact. work on a guys paving stuff down in oswego, my friend has a mobile repair biz that does most of his work, but sometimes i help out.

UNISCAPER
03-30-2006, 11:09 PM
How small of a world. I graduated from St. Charles high, our business was in Aurora, and my uncle ran his business in Oswego, where the Kindercare is now located on the corner of Rt 34 and Rt. 71. He died in 2000 a year before we moved.

We used to see pleqanty of Moon stickers on Arnie the Farmer Beswicks A/FX car when he ran the Oswego drag strip in the 60's and 70's.

Tigerotor77W
03-30-2006, 11:28 PM
What part of Illinois are you from? Was in western Chicago suburbs for years before moving to the land of fruitcakes and nutjobs.

Fruitcakes and nutjobs? :laugh:

I'm from the burbs, too! Glenview. :)

But I don't know anything about pavers...

UNISCAPER
03-31-2006, 12:00 AM
Tiger:

I was referring to the move to California. But then, those fruitcakes and nutjobs are one of the prime reasons for our success!

Dirty Water
03-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Tiger:

I was referring to the move to California. But then, those fruitcakes and nutjobs are one of the prime reasons for our success!

Can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Tigerotor77W
03-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Tiger:

No, I realized that. I thought it was funny, but forgot to put in the laughter until after I wrote the next two lines. heh sorry for the confusion.

UNISCAPER
03-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Jon:

You're right, but that's still not to say it drive me up the fyooken wall most of the time. When they call it the left coast, that's putting it very mildly.

oldrustycars
03-31-2006, 12:44 PM
How small of a world. I graduated from St. Charles high, our business was in Aurora, and my uncle ran his business in Oswego, where the Kindercare is now located on the corner of Rt 34 and Rt. 71. He died in 2000 a year before we moved.

We used to see pleqanty of Moon stickers on Arnie the Farmer Beswicks A/FX car when he ran the Oswego drag strip in the 60's and 70's.
the paving guy i work for is back in stone hill industrial park, at 34 and 71. im sure you remember mcdowells truck parts, and possibly danny's one stop rental, also right there. and im sure you know kings nursery is smack on top of the old oswego dragstrip. raced my gremlin there in the 70's.

UNISCAPER
03-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Sure do. Bought all of our truck parts at McDowell. Blocker Excavating also KR&G excavating is back in that park as well. If I'm not mistaken there is a landscape company in that park too. Forgot the name. I left the week the Dominicks opened on 34 that used to be on Montgomery Rd.

Down 34 there is a brown aluminum building that used to be SKB genreal contractors ans Hawk Earthmoving. Hawk and SKB were owned by my buddies, and the founder of Hawk invented the Hawk tree bucket in the 40's.

Squizzy246B
04-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Paver experts in here?

The way it works is you give it your best shot then post some pics..them we'll tell you where you screwed up and how you should have done it proper:rolleyes: :)

ksss
04-01-2006, 03:04 PM
No kinding and we'll do all that while sitting at a computer having no real idea what your issues are and the most coolest part is we don't care:clapping: :clapping:

oldrustycars
04-01-2006, 04:23 PM
No kinding and we'll do all that while sitting at a computer having no real idea what your issues are and the most coolest part is we don't care:clapping: :clapping:
so....what you're saying is that you are just like the dealer? just tell me that everything i need is on backorder and i'll feel right at home.:laugh: