PDA

View Full Version : What is this stuff and how do I get rid of it??

Green-Cuts
03-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Hey
This is surrounding a tree in my front yard and not sure how to get rid of it? I am not sure what type of tree it is so i included a picture.

I also have a second picture of a customers property that she did not have all the leaves raked up last fall and now her grass looks like this. What can I do to fix it, reseed? I am preaty sure we have KY Bluegrass here in idaho.

Thanks
BJ

nephilim0167
03-31-2006, 06:56 PM
I am by far no expert on the subject but from what I have read if you have suckers coming up from the root ball of a tree that generally means that the roots were shocked during a plant/transplant. Is it a newly planted tree? About the grass I can't really see it too well so I don't know.

Green-Cuts
03-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi
It was there when we moved in last year about this time and then in the summer time they started sprouting. How do you get rid of suckers?

THanks
BJ

stumper1620
03-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi
It was there when we moved in last year about this time and then in the summer time they started sprouting. How do you get rid of suckers?

THanks
BJ
clip them off with a pair of prunners. then just keep on them when you see them starting, clip them off again.

nmez21
03-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeh, it seems that clippers are the only way to get em'.

ECS
03-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Looks like what we end up with when we try and get rid of willows over here. I don't know what they use, but I have seen them wipe something on the fresh cut after you clip it and it will kill it.

Green-Cuts
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi

Thanks for the input

Bj

sheshovel
03-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Those are suckers from the trees roots usually caused by the tree being planted too deep..But there are tree's that just do that all the time too.As far as I know there is no way to stop it from happining..remove that bark away from athe base of the tree and any soil covering the base of the suckers and keep cutting them off as low as you possibly can reach the base of them
that may help

B&D Lawn Care
04-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Those are suckers from the trees roots usually caused by the tree being planted too deep..But there are tree's that just do that all the time too.As far as I know there is no way to stop it from happining..remove that bark away from athe base of the tree and any soil covering the base of the suckers and keep cutting them off as low as you possibly can reach the base of them
that may help

Yeah what SHE said.