PDA

View Full Version : New Accounts

tknowles
03-31-2006, 03:19 PM
I am just starting out in the business. Any ideas on how to get accounts would be appreciated.

StBalor
03-31-2006, 03:37 PM
flyers, Flyers, Flyers. And alot of walking.

Joey bag a' donuts
03-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Advertise like crazy and dont expect a whole lot out of your first year. Once you build a bit of clientele you'll see that word of mouth is really the best form of advertisement, but it may take a year or two to get going.

Killswitch
03-31-2006, 07:47 PM
I am just starting out in the business. Any ideas on how to get accounts would be appreciated.

Yeah me too, and Ive been doing this 22 years.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
03-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Look for yards in a target area that need attention and go talk to them. I picked up a national drug store chain with 7 locations because I brought to their attention the fact that there shrubs & landscape beds need some major attention. That was just one of 3 commercial accounts that I picked up this year pointing out what things there other LCO was not performing. You have to go and get it!:usflag:

B&D Lawn Care
04-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Flyers, and I posted a flyer w/ rip off tags on the bottom at the local grocery store and have had good response.

grassman1
04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
You only get one chance to make a good first impression. Invest your money in some high quality door hangers. I did this and have gotten 3 "new accounts" from handing out 400 hangers.

dKoester
04-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Word of mouth is working great this year.

Kumi
04-02-2006, 10:08 PM
flyers, Flyers, Flyers. And alot of walking.
so walk neighbrhoods handing out flyers to people outside?

Xterminator
04-02-2006, 10:15 PM
No put them on doors too

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2006, 11:57 PM
I would put them on doors if I was you...ALOT of them!Then after that word of mouth will start helping alittle to!

grassmasterdawn
04-05-2006, 12:58 AM
So is it too much to expect to be able to cover your expenses the first year in business?

wski4fun
04-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Thought about buying a business with established customers? Any customers I do get I give them 75 bucks for a referal that translates into a regular mowing cust.

Dunn's
04-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Doorhangers are the best bet I have gotten 9 new customers this week from handing out 500 on thursday! Try and get doorhangers that have a detachable card on the bottom with your name, slogan, phone number.

Dunn's
04-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Oh yeah if you have a trailer make sure you but on the doorhangers leaf and debri removal extra or something like that because you will get alot of customers wanting removal of leaves sticks and other small things. Yeah they are usaully a one time customer but hey its money,and while your cleaning up there mess neighbors will come over or ask them about you after you leave. So you might get their neighbors lawn win/win situation money in your pocket and if there to cheap to want to pay for lawncare you dont want the headache of them as a lawn customer anyway.

rfed32
04-05-2006, 10:29 AM
word of mouth flyers its all good

toac
04-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Flyers, and I posted a flyer w/ rip off tags on the bottom at the local grocery store and have had good response.

i did the same thing when i first started....it got me my first customer. the first time i was cutting her lawn her neighbor came up came up to me and asked if i would do his. by the end of the year i had 5 lawns all in a row just from my first customer. not by word of mouth but by showing up (being reliable) and providing quality work!

my advice is to get your name out there anyway you can (flyers, doorhangers, newspapers, truck magnets/lettering, yard signs). Get a good base of customers, up sell, provide quality work and after a while the jobs will start coming to you. But remember, never stop advertising, it's better to turn down work then to not have any!

Lux Lawn
04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Any customers I do get I give them 75 bucks for a referal that translates into a regular mowing cust.

This is one of the best ways to get new customers.I have done a referral program for years.

GMLAWNCAREPLUS.com
04-05-2006, 12:59 PM
you will get alot of customers wanting removal of leaves sticks and other small things. Yeah they are usaully a one time customer but hey its money,and while your cleaning up there mess neighbors will come over or ask them about you after you leave. So you might get their neighbors lawn win/win situation money in your pocket and if there to cheap to want to pay for lawncare you dont want the headache of them as a lawn customer anyway.

I agree once your out doing something/anything for any amount of money, neighbors will ask for a card, or if you have the door magnets on the side of your truck that will help too. But flyers and an ad in a local newspaper have helped me a lot.

chriscraft
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
We do a dirct marketing campaign thru the post office , it works great if you can handle the calls. Our last one got us 200-400 calls per week.