PDA

View Full Version : types of aerator's

LushGreenLawn
03-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Hello Guys,
I realize that the power aerators are better than the non power aerators, but have any of you used the non power type when you were just starting out? The kind I am looking at is from Agrifab or a similer company, and it does pull a 3/4" plug, its not the spike type. I would be putting 150lbs of weight on top (As per the instructions) Thoughts?

Thanks in Advance!

Charles Sinclair

Dweezil
04-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Power pluggers are much more efficent from a time stand point, I'd look into those further. Manual ones can get the job done IF the ground is soft.

How often are you running one? That will make a huge difference in waht to look for.

LushGreenLawn
04-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm very small right now, and plan to have about 30 customers by the end of the summer, I want to do this full time next year, I am building a client base right now, so no more than mabye 10 times this summer. Next summer, if I decide to do this "for real" I will be buying proffesional equipment, including a power aerator, this will just be getting me by this summer

Dweezil
04-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Honestly I rent them to a lot of small outfits like you. Just line up all your jobs in the same week and do it that way rather than spending a few thousand on a new one or even a few hundred on a well worn used one.