PDA

View Full Version : Landscape truck

South Florida Lawns
03-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah so a lot of you have seen the mowing setup with the enclosed trailer.

This is my trailer for landscaping.

I might step up to a 3/4 ton in a year or two, could use the extra hp.

oldrustycars
03-31-2006, 09:19 PM
watch the tongue weight. should only be 10% of the gross trailer weight. appears heavy from the pic...whats the weight on those bags?

South Florida Lawns
03-31-2006, 09:25 PM
No it's the adjustable tongue, it was all the way at the top setting and therefore the trailer wasn't hitched level to begin with.

I only had to go down the road and didn't bother adjusting it.

I had most of the weight up front because I had to get to that palm first, and had to roll it off.

sheshovel
03-31-2006, 09:29 PM
That looks like your mowing trailer,being used to haul landscaping materials.

Jpocket
03-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Ummm...whatsup with the wheels??? You better watch the weight you put on those wheels B/C some custome wheels are not rated for much more than the vehical it's self.

South Florida Lawns
03-31-2006, 09:41 PM
That looks like your mowing trailer,being used to haul landscaping materials.

Yeah I worded it wrong should have been "landscape trailer".

This is the mowing trailer I use.

J the wheels are plenty strong for what I put on em, I made sure I didn't down spec the weight capacity.

But I know what you mean there are some crappy wheels out there.

MMLawn
03-31-2006, 10:19 PM
One of your 14 year old girlies needs to teach you how to load it as you have WAY to much weight forward and on the tongue......that is a bad accident wiating to kill some innocent person.

DLCS
03-31-2006, 10:33 PM
One of your 14 year old girlies needs to teach you how to load it as you have WAY to much weight forward and on the tongue......that is a bad accident wiating to kill some innocent person.

LOL. definately an accident waiting to happen.

You guys want to see how crazy some people get loading utility trailers. Just go to your local Menards or Home Depot on a weekend. Some of the ways I see trailers loaded, by clueless individuals, scares the hell out of me.:rolleyes: I watched a guy loose a bundle of 2x4's in the middle of the intersection that exits menards the other day, wish I had a camera with me.

South Florida Lawns
03-31-2006, 11:09 PM
To be honest I didn't load the trailer, the nursery did.

I felt bad also cuz the owner of the nursery offloaded the pallet by himself as I was paying in the office.

I come back and he has most of the mulch up front, the guy is in his late 60's so I didn't wanna make him move it all over again.

I wanted everything more centered but still have room for the palm.

I should have had the toungue adjusted properly and the load more towards the back.

Oh well she rode pretty nice.

Oh and mike the 14 year olds don't like me anymore.

Bunton Guy
04-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Ive seen worse loading jobs.....After all I think I live in the capitol for loading idiots.:hammerhead:

qualitylawnmanagement
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Why do you have dubs on your work truck?

rfed32
04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
big pimpin dawg....i like it

LawnGuy73
05-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah so a lot of you have seen the mowing setup with the enclosed trailer.

This is my trailer for landscaping.

I might step up to a 3/4 ton in a year or two, could use the extra hp.

Oh that looks perfectly legal the way you have that loaded... :rolleyes:

South Florida Lawns
05-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Why do you have dubs on your work truck?

Because I'm poor and I only got one truck.

Yes too much weight up front but I honestly had no prob towing it that way.

Maybe cuz that trailer is the shazit.

Newguy25
05-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Lets see some more pics of some ladies you got there Big Pimpin! :drinkup:

South Florida Lawns
05-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Lets see some more pics of some ladies you got there Big Pimpin! :drinkup:

I don't like girls/ladies anymore.

lawnmaniac883
05-15-2006, 05:48 PM

Well, we still do sooo...

mulcahy mowing
05-16-2006, 10:21 PM
hahaha funny hehehehe :)

FrankenScagMachines
05-16-2006, 10:29 PM
You know its funny with everyone bad mouthing the way the trailer is loaded, was I the only one who noticed how well the 1/2 ton was holding all that weight? That thing bagged or what? I noticed that with the enclosed trailer too. Of course for all I know the back end suspension is all stock and the trailers are the only thing lowering the back end, but even if it were stock height in back, its holding the loads really really well for a 1/2 ton. Gotta be bagged ;) :D
Nice looking rig I don't care what anyone says it looks classy and definately shows you have pride in your setup. Thats what I hate about posting pics is even if everything looks good, someone is bound to find a bone to pic with it so I just gave up a long time back...