PDA

View Full Version : Mailing Fliers

Watkinslawnservice
03-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Has anyone taken thier fliers and folded them in thirds and mailed them? Is there any way to get a cheaper rate, like a bulk rate, rather than the regular postal rate? Does the post office have mailing lists of zip codes?

Thanks

Madstriper
03-31-2006, 11:14 PM
I called the Post Office trying to see if I could bulk mail to speciific neighborhoods, she asked if I had the addresses! I said no, so she suggested that I find a bulk mailing company to do it for me. If you can get the addresses your need, you should be able to get a cheaper rake based off of weight and quantity. Let me know if you find out more.

The landscaper
03-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Around here you can have the paper insert them in the paper. 1000 of them for 50 bucks.

ArizPestWeed
04-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Where I live , we need no addresses , just says
" Postal Patron" in place of address .
It's rural here , that's why .
cost me .12 cents each .
I have 30,000 half sheet post cards printed for $750 .
I could have them cut in half again to get 60,000 for an extra $50

Watkinslawnservice
04-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Where I live , we need no addresses , just says
" Postal Patron" in place of address .
It's rural here , that's why .
cost me .12 cents each .
I have 30,000 half sheet post cards printed for $750 .
I could have them cut in half again to get 60,000 for an extra $50

If you just put "postal Patron" on it then do you have to send them to everyone in a zip code? Can you for example just send out 1000 of them even though there are 3000 addresses in the zip code? I get mail that says this all the time. I am in a rural area too, if that is why.

Allen@hilltop
04-01-2006, 10:00 PM
You can mail by carrier route. Each mail carrier has a certain route, city or country. If you have a large development you want to mail to you call the post office for this zip code and ask what the carrier route number is for that development and how many stops are on the route. You then call a mail sorting business (yellow pages). Tell them the carrier route number and the number of stops on the route. They will mail bulk rate using their bulk mailing permit, guarantee the mailing and take to the post office. They can even print the mailers, usually just black and white printing though.
I recently paid .14 for postage for a 5 x 8 postcard and they would have printed for additional 9.5 or 5.5 if I bring in the cards pre-printed.

ArizPestWeed
04-01-2006, 11:44 PM
If you just put "postal Patron" on it then do you have to send them to everyone in a zip code? Can you for example just send out 1000 of them even though there are 3000 addresses in the zip code? I get mail that says this all the time. I am in a rural area too, if that is why.
If I understand you , no , you have to do a complete route which is anywhere from 250 to 750 deliveries or boxes ,
There are several routes in a zip.
The nice thing is , you can print them as you need , if you wanta

ATVracer
04-02-2006, 01:18 AM
1) Yes you can only address Postal Patron mail to rural route addresses and each delivery gets one. 2) the only way to get a discount is by getting a bulk mail permit which has an initial cost of $320 to start then you pay for each mailing also. The local Post Office can quote you the rates. Sometimes the local chamber of commerce can do your mailing for you without you having to buy a bulk mailing permit, as long as they have a permit in their name. Bulk mailings are almost useless unless you mail often and saturate the whole area.