PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are LLC's And...

Petr51488
04-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Hey, how many of you out there are LLC's? My question to you is.. do you put LLC after your business names on a trailer, business cards and on t-shirts? To me, it says, sue me, i am a limited liability company. I got nothing to lose.. I was thinking of keeping out the LLC on the shirts and trailer, but include it on the business cards. Any thoughts?

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
04-01-2006, 12:29 AM
I am not sure about other areas of the world, but my understanding of LLC in the name is that it has to be on everything. Unless, you have a "doing business as". Kind of like aka. If you are not registered to use other names I believe that you would have to use it. With that said, people can sue you no matter what. If anything the LLC would deter people from trying to sue you. If the llc is formed properly it will help to shield your personal assets. Even if they try to sue you they are still going to have to prove that you are liable for something. Bottom line if someone plans on suing you they are going to whether you are sole proprietor, llc, or inc. JMO. I would investigate that further. When we formed our llc our attorney told us that we had to use the full name.

Aadman
04-01-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm an LLC...I don't have LLC on my shirts but I have it everywhere else....Letterhead, signs, flyers, vehicles, magnets...

Green-Pro
04-01-2006, 01:46 AM
LLC on everything here also.

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
04-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Yeah we have it on everything here except the trucks because we just got the LLC but it will be on there.

LB Landscaping
04-01-2006, 07:47 AM
I opted not to put LLC on my stuff. I agree with what you said Petr51488, just doesn't look right to me. I filed a DBA and dropped the LLC.

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-01-2006, 07:53 AM
I opted for LTD. instead....I liked how it looks better than LLC...

rodfather
04-01-2006, 08:08 AM
We have LLC on everything that I can think of.

Bunton Guy
04-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Isnt LLC a form of corporation? Lots of extra paperwork and headache? Im in the middle of thinking where to INC or LLC the company. One of my sales employees is trying to push me into INC...he thinks he will instantly become a share holder.

Tim Wright
04-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Yes, and Yes. By Fed law you have to have some form of designation of a limited liability on your advertisments and plaqards.

That includes signs, cards, vehicles, shirts, hats, etc.

Tim

mtdman
04-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I have always been told, put it everywhere. And no, it does not say sue me. If anything, it's the opposite. LLC adds a layer of protection where our personal assets are protected from any lawsuits against the business. It makes your business a separate entity.

Fantasy Lawns
04-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Display Your Corporate Indicator ("Inc.", "Incorporated", "LLC".) in all company letterhead & corporate documents .... in court to consider whether shareholders, officers or members will be protected from personal liability..... courts consider whether a plaintiff / creditor was aware that he or she was transacting business with a corporation or LLC

The first step fore ensuring that suppliers, vendors, and customers are aware of your corporate status is to prominently display your corporate indicator in all of your company letterhead

Also as a officer or member you should display your status when you sign documents or even on your business card

fore me

it's my name & CEO- President as my title ... it's the little things those lawyers love to dig up

Eclipse
04-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Isnt LLC a form of corporation?

No. LLC stands for limited liability company. It is also taxed differently than a corporate entity.

Eclipse
04-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Also as a officer or member you should display your status when you sign documents or even on your business card

Good point that I think is often overlooked.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
04-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Go Corp,set up a llc to lease equipment to corp there are lots of benefits to corp. Talk to an attorney and accountant to find out what best suits you.:usflag: