PDA

View Full Version : New here

Dweezil
04-01-2006, 01:51 AM
First off, great site here. I've learned a ton in the last hour or so, even after being in the business for the last 8 years.

I work in a local rental store doing a little bit of everything, and I mean everything. Rental, repair, loading and unloading, and some cleaning and painting.

I started where I work back in high school sweeping floors, writing contracts and it's gone from there. Now I'm an assistant manager, store delivery, technician, CSR, sales, basically a jack of all trades.

sheshovel
04-01-2006, 02:00 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Welcome to the site Dweezil..:waving: :waving: :waving:

oldrustycars
04-01-2006, 09:47 PM
dweezil, i went to your stores web site. man, that takes me back. i remember one day i went from rebuilding the transaxle in a Case 580C (hurry...we need it!), got pulled off that to silver solder some teapots, then to run the counter because the manager went home sick. of course, loaded about 1000 8 foot tables and some 100 foot sewer snakes in between. yep...the rental business..gotta love it.
my old employer got bought out, but he reopened a store about 5 years ago. he called me to work for him...at the same rotten pay (12 an hour) he paid me in 1989, "and of course i cant pay any benefits, so you're on your own for insurance". yeah, i'll get right on that.
i was in home depot renting something, they rent little beaver post hole diggers. had about 50 augers available, and i'd say 40 of them were broken, but still sitting there for rent. bent flighting, missing drives, and cutting edges...some were on top, some were underneath. the manager said they were supposed to be that way...well...some of them must be wrong!

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2006, 01:36 AM
welcome, you will learn ALOT on this site!

Dweezil
04-02-2006, 05:22 PM
dweezil, i went to your stores web site. man, that takes me back. i remember one day i went from rebuilding the transaxle in a Case 580C (hurry...we need it!), got pulled off that to silver solder some teapots, then to run the counter because the manager went home sick. of course, loaded about 1000 8 foot tables and some 100 foot sewer snakes in between. yep...the rental business..gotta love it.
my old employer got bought out, but he reopened a store about 5 years ago. he called me to work for him...at the same rotten pay (12 an hour) he paid me in 1989, "and of course i cant pay any benefits, so you're on your own for insurance". yeah, i'll get right on that.
i was in home depot renting something, they rent little beaver post hole diggers. had about 50 augers available, and i'd say 40 of them were broken, but still sitting there for rent. bent flighting, missing drives, and cutting edges...some were on top, some were underneath. the manager said they were supposed to be that way...well...some of them must be wrong!

Yeah, we lost a few guys to HD when they came to this area, it amazes me at how fast bad customers can destroy equipment.