PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh..... I just might cry

DanaMac
04-01-2006, 09:36 AM
I received the following email yesterday from a new client that I sent my tech to. System was older, zones were stretched, pressure low, etc. Zones each had 6 Rainbird T-Birds, all with 3 GPM nozzles. He was able to find a few left at the house from the previous owner. So lowered the GPMs a bit on each zone. Increased the pressure a bit at the dedicated PRV. Made adjustments, and a few other repairs. I love getting compliments on him. Why don't they ever compliment me?:confused:

Dear Dana,

I am relatively new in town and you were recommended to me by Tim at Integrated Lawn Service. Good call Tim!

I am compelled to write you by the excellent and fair service I just got from you and Tom today.

Tom showed up and hit the deck running. He obviously knows sprinkler and drip systems well and has much experience. He worked hard and fast, was informative and courteous. His assessments relative to what fixtures to replace and what to watch for a while struck me as fair and balanced. I recommend that Tom is a fine employee and can be trusted to represent you even in the most challenging situations.

I could not be happier with the service I received. I did not have to get a second mortgage on the house to pay you either. You now are my sprinkler go-to guy.

Thank you again.

SprinklerGuy
04-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Reply:

Thank you very much for your kind words...I hope you still feel that way in July when the dry spots start to show up...and we recommend that CountryWide spam you to start the 2nd mortgage process.

Sincerily,
Dana Mac

DanaMac
04-01-2006, 10:09 AM
I can always count on Tony to brighten the day!!

He actually told Tom that he'd probably have us replace the R-50s later this summer when we slow down. Also make some other changes as well.

SprinklerGuy
04-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Awwww...now I might cry.....

D...I"m not picking on you..I have had s sh.tty winter....just reality, that sh.t happened to me so much I stopped getting excited about compliments.

BUT....how's this?

That note btw is a reflection of the boss....you D......you trained your employee not only in irrigation but also in compassion and understanding and righteousness....so pat yourself on the back, get out of bed, have some coffee or whatever you healthy dudes drink, check your messages, send the referrals for down south to me and get to work on your GMC...and then go do some service calls....ok?

;) (better?)

DanaMac
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
I was just giving you crap T - you and I both have the pessimistic, cynical, bad attitude right now. I'll still send you as much work as I can. This year will get better for ya. And don't anybody start with their Brokeback comments again, ok

you trained your employee not only in irrigation but also in compassion and understanding and righteousness

I can agree with this partially. I did train him in irrigation, but one of the main reasons I wanted to hire him was because I knew he was a good person to start. I've known him and his family for about 20 years, since he was about 8 years old. He may not be the most responsible in certain areas, getting up early, being on time; but I can trust him at anyone's home to be courteous and respectful.

SprinklerGuy
04-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Brokeback Irrigators..I can see it now.

I am a pessimistic, cynical, ahole all the time, not just this year. Last year was actually pretty good for my first one....I did 115 winterizings...and added almost 200 to my client list...not bad if you ask me. Of course the winterizings need to get to 400 in order for me to make it through the winter while laying around like yourself ;)

Thanks for all you have done, been a pleasure. I hope I can help you sometime as well. Sniff Sniff

PurpHaze
04-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Nothing worse than two mountain guys stroking each other's .... ummmm... backs. :laugh: :laugh: :hammerhead:

DanaMac
04-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey Purp, don't you live in the most liberal state in the land? Just checking.

PurpHaze
04-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Hey Purp, don't you live in the most liberal state in the land? Just checking.

LOL... I try to think that I live on the moderate side of the valley though. Sometimes have to visit Sodom to the north and Gomorrah to the south though. :laugh:

Wet_Boots
04-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Cabin Fever - it ain't pretty. ;)

Dirty Water
04-01-2006, 12:18 PM
I have a manilla folder that I store compliment letters in.

Got a whole pile from the last three years. I may pick and choose out of there next time I need to make a resume.

koster_irrigation
04-01-2006, 07:00 PM
It IS nice getting compliments on your (or employees) work done. It doesnt happen often.

In a way- in my opinion, REPEAT customers are as much of a compliment as well. Youve done something right, they like you enough to continue calling for service work. Your getting more of their $.

DanaMac
04-02-2006, 11:12 AM
In a way- in my opinion, REPEAT customers are as much of a compliment as well. Youve done something right, they like you enough to continue calling for service work. Your getting more of their $.

Very true.

SprinklerGuy
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
An even bigger compliment is a client referring you to their friend....which happens a lot more now that I got rid of employees.....funny.....I used to do 20 service calls per DAY....now I do 20 per week if I'm lucky...and I get more referrals...hmmmmmmm.

I must have sucked at hiring.....gotta know your weaknesses eh?

bicmudpuppy
04-04-2006, 08:44 AM
An even bigger compliment is a client referring you to their friend....which happens a lot more now that I got rid of employees.....funny.....I used to do 20 service calls per DAY....now I do 20 per week if I'm lucky...and I get more referrals...hmmmmmmm.

I must have sucked at hiring.....gotta know your weaknesses eh?
Pap always said the first step in firing anyone was realizing that you as the employer/supervisor/manager failed to train that employee properly. Second step is to realize that you too are only human and some employees are beyond your limited abilities. Instead of improving, I find my abilities more and more limited as I get older!:hammerhead: