PDA

View Full Version : i handed out flyers n found them gone with someone else

smarino21
04-01-2006, 12:26 PM
what do you guys do if you have put out a ton of flyers and then find that your competition took them all out n put theres?

dcondon
04-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Thats one of the reason we don't put them out. Word or mouth is the best way!! JMO

firelwn
04-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I agree, word of mouth is the best way to go. I started 4yrs ago and i'm just starting to advertis and its not doing to much good. so far spent $400 and have seen nothing come from it.:usflag:

olderthandirt
04-01-2006, 08:27 PM
What would I do ? I would go out, take all my competitions flyers and place them in the mail box and call the post office and complain. But you ain't me :clapping:

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
04-01-2006, 08:30 PM
What would I do ? I would go out, take all my competitions flyers and place them in the mail box and call the post office and complain. But you ain't me :clapping:

Now that is funny.:laugh: As Larry the Cable Guy would put it "Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are".

Lux Lawn
04-01-2006, 08:32 PM
But you ain't me :clapping:

There can only be one MAC.
:laugh:

mak2
04-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I am by no means a smart azz about things, but seems to me if your competition has time to follw you around and steal your fliers he aint gonna have time to mow much. I was at one call per 312 flyers now I am at about 1 per 200. I say keep passing out the flyers till you dont have time. Then mow and get cousters by refferals. I pass out 500 flyers per 2 hours, so that is about one new coustmer per hour. Find better advertising than that for the money. Dont try to find excuses not to do things that make you successful.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
04-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Dont try to find excuses not to do things that make you successful.

That is a very, very, good point. Many people may think that it is silly and that is obvious, but there are many that do exactly that. You can make excuses for anything.

Hey, it really stinks but your competition is going to do things like that. I was saying in another post that I swear my comp is riding along with me when I do est., and then as soon as I am doing goes and hands the prospect an estimate lower then mine. I have been really frustrated with that. However, if I want biz I have to do est. Just keep on putting them out they will eventually get into the right hands that will = jobs for you.

JJLandscapes
04-01-2006, 09:07 PM
hit a different area with flyers... think about it why would they leave your flyers in there and give you customers

i take out all competitors flyers, business cards and everything competition sucks

crab
04-01-2006, 09:25 PM
how bout this f567675677 youre comp.just do a better job at a fair price.in the end honesty & quality will make you more money than them.

Xterminator
04-01-2006, 09:31 PM

Excellent Idea never thought about it like that

mak2
04-01-2006, 09:36 PM
you have to have a little character, even if I cannot spell it. I have put many flyers in paperboxes with other flyers in them. Stealing the competition is not right. Just do a better job.

AGLA
04-01-2006, 10:56 PM
If several companies put out flyers, why do we think that our flyer is going to land us any work?

In my next life I plan on being a lawn equipment salesman who does web page design and runs a print shop on the side.

...then I'll have more time and money to hang out at that $#%%y bar with Larry the cable guy.