PDA

View Full Version : Stone Edging Estimate..Need Help

firefightergw
04-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Can someone help me with an estimate. I have done this type of work before, for myself but not for hire. I have a lawn customer that wants me to put down stone edging around his beds. The stone he wants to use is the kind you get at Home Depot. Each stone is 12" long and the linear footage of the bed is 130 ft. He wants the stones stacked 3 high. He is providing the stone so I will only be chargeing for labor. Any idea how long it would take for two guys to complete this job? I don't need a dollar amount as I know what I want to charge. Only want to know how long.

Thanks in advance.

firefightergw
04-01-2006, 06:51 PM
anyone...anyone?

Xterminator
04-01-2006, 06:54 PM
I would have to see whats involved. Charge him 35.00 per man hour

Duck Dodger
04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I would proably do $1 per foot min. of $150.

firefightergw
04-01-2006, 07:32 PM
I would proably do $1 per foot min. of $150.

I guess the profit would be laying the top two rows after you've leveled the first one in the ground.:laugh: I appreciate it. May use that number.

Duck Dodger
04-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I thought you ment real rock edgeing. I geuss I didn't read too well. We charge 25.00 per sq' on retaining walls. If you were just putting in one row of something like feildstone you can run a bed edger set stone in the groove and back fill.

Coffeecraver
04-01-2006, 09:34 PM
The bottom stone layer is your key

If the beds have roots-or Irrigation in the way this could take longer to install the first layer.

If there is nothing in the way 130 ft could take as little as 20 min

A close inspection of the area is needed to determine the amount of time.
Also a contengency plan with the client if there are too many obstructions in the way.

Cutting tree roots is not a good plan for the trees.

:)

AGLA
04-01-2006, 11:05 PM
The only profit in that job was had by home depot. $1 a linear foot? Who can make a living cutting a piece of sod 130' long for $130 bucks? Let alone digging out for a base material, compacting and leveling - that is before you touch the block that you did not make any money on. I don't get it.