PDA

View Full Version : Gas Can Size

Green-Cuts
04-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey
I have 2 21" WB mowers, Trimmer, blower and WB Push Edger. Everthing but the 21" mowers take mixed gas. I have a 1 Gallon Gas can that I use for the 3 mixed pieces oe equipment and a 5 Gallon can for the push mowers. Is there a better set up that I could use or a different way that would be better?

The problem is the 5Gallon can is a pain to lift and fill the push mowers, always end up spilling before I can set it down.

THanks
BJ

lawnmaniac883
04-01-2006, 03:29 PM
I use a 2 1/2 gallon can for straight gas and have one 5 gallon for mixed that stays at the house. I carry with me a 1 gallon can for mixed and fill it up at the end of the day with the 5 gallon. This setup works well for me.

dcondon
04-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey
I have 2 21" WB mowers, Trimmer, blower and WB Push Edger. Everthing but the 21" mowers take mixed gas. I have a 1 Gallon Gas can that I use for the 3 mixed pieces oe equipment and a 5 Gallon can for the push mowers. Is there a better set up that I could use or a different way that would be better?

The problem is the 5Gallon can is a pain to lift and fill the push mowers, always end up spilling before I can set it down.

THanks
BJ

Don't you own a funnel:confused:

mcwlandscaping
04-01-2006, 03:43 PM
i have the five gallon for the straight gas and just fill it with three gallons, and then i have another five gallon that i fill with three gallons of mixed gas. then theres a good amount of room for the gas to move around when i am driving somewhere.

Green-Cuts
04-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Hello

yes I have a funnel and does not work that well. I guess if I did not have a tone of clients to mow in day I could get by on a 2.5 gallon can in the truck and a gallon at home for refills.

Thanks
BJ

nephilim0167
04-01-2006, 05:15 PM
We have a 5 Gal gas can for straight gas, and a 2 Gal for mixed gas. If you can't pick up a 5 gallon and not spill, you're a... nevermind :laugh: Buy a funnel or get better aim!

cwlawley
04-01-2006, 05:59 PM
I have (2) 5-gallon for straight gas and a one gallon for mixed. I am going to get a 2.5 gallon for the mixed though soon as I refill the one gallon at least onece a day.

DSLND
04-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I have a 5gal 6 gal and a 1 gal what i normally do is fill the tractor (this year i will fill the Z at the station) with the 6 and then i have about 3 left and fill the push mowers and the 1 gallon of mixed and then its just enough that i wont spill the push mower gas tanks and then the 5 i use for the push mowers and i will soon be updating to a 2.5 gallon can for mixed. -Mitch-

Freddy_Kruger
04-01-2006, 08:16 PM
I have never used it but I do check it out evertime I walk by it, they also sell them at home depot.\

http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/images/PowerEquipment/Specialty/0283022_160_CC_2f131.jpg

T. Wheeler
04-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Well if you have ever heard of No-Spill Gas Cans your local dealer might carry them they work very well. They have a tool so you can locate dealers around you them come in 1 1/4 gall, 2 3/4 gall, and 5 gallon heres website its a good investment hope it helps. http://www.no-spill.com/

dcondon
04-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Hello

yes I have a funnel and does not work that well. I guess if I did not have a tone of clients to mow in day I could get by on a 2.5 gallon can in the truck and a gallon at home for refills.

Thanks
BJ

Your telling me you can't pour gas out a 5 gallon can into a funnel???? How can you spill any:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: