PDA

View Full Version : Help with Estimate

Dunn's
04-01-2006, 08:17 PM
How much would you guys charge for removal of 2 trash cans of larger white garden rock that I may need to break into smaller pieces with a sledge hammer, one small 5" diamater tree that is already cut into 10 foot sections, maybe 5 trash cans full of tree limbs, 5 yard waste bags of leaves. I will have to use my chainsaw and clippers / pruners to cut branches into smaller sizes, rake, and lawnmower with bag to cut up leaves.

Dunn's
04-01-2006, 08:23 PM
I am thinking appox. $75 to $80, is this too low or too high? I can get it all in one truck and trailer load.

Grn Mtn
04-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Too little because you aren't factoring in disposal. $52 per ton/1 ton min. around here. Even if you have an "outlet" I would still charge for it. Not sure why you would need to hammer out the stones. If they are larger like 8"-12" they are worth something. Save them and use them in a future project.

Dunn's
04-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Too little because you aren't factoring in disposal. $52 per ton/1 ton min. around here. Even if you have an "outlet" I would still charge for it. Not sure why you would need to hammer out the stones. If they are larger like 8"-12" they are worth something. Save them and use them in a future project.

Thank you for the advice Grn Mtn, I didn't think about keeping the rocks, I should have though. So you are saying, the $52 is just to dump it, not the labor of removing it?

Dunn's
04-02-2006, 01:44 PM
well I guess I'm going with $85.00 dollars because I didnt get much replies on this matter.

Grn Mtn
04-04-2006, 08:54 PM
sorry didn't get back to you sooner, the $52 is just the disposal fee. No labor. In the past I was able to bring yard debris to the towns recycling center for landscape waste, but they have cracked down on contractors using them. Something I have a hard time with. I live here and all my customers are tax payers, if they brought in the material it would be okay, but if I bring the same material in --no go! :hammerhead:

So again, make sure when you do a clean-up you either charge the customer for bringing it to the dump with all fees, or you bag it and leave it on site.

wski4fun
04-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Not only the 52/ton but also the time it takes to drive to the dump and empty it. If you figure two hrs at the job maybe another 1/2 or 3/4 hr for the actual dumping.

howardsells2000
04-04-2006, 09:13 PM
In Maryland, I have to pay $80.00 per ton. No minimum here though. It gets very expensive. So you should calculate the cost of dumping, plus not only the time to load it but the time you spend at the dump unloading. Our dump closes at 3:30 pm. So if I don't make it that day. I have to take the stuff home with me, then it's another day I have to spend dumping the same job. A 1 - 2 hour job may add up to 3-4 hours when your all done.