PDA

View Full Version : people liscensed to do fertilizer?

robbo521
04-01-2006, 09:20 PM
i know alot of you are and i am trying to learn something here.i dont know if you have to be here in Alabama but why is it they sell the fertilzer at all the local stores and people get it like hot cakes and put it out.i use to work for a store 13 years ago and the older people would come in and get it for flowers and grass all the time.guess my next thing is,are you local chain stores able to sell it.not trying to start anything.

dougmartin2003
04-01-2006, 09:48 PM
short answer is if you are putting any kind of pesticide on your own property you dont have to be licensed, but if you are doing it for somone else on there land then yes you do have to be licensed. thats the reason why your chain stores carry so many different lawn chemicals because they cateur to the homeowner. now has far as applying just straight fert then in some states you dont need a license, but if the fert has any weed or bug control angents in it then you need the license.

robbo521
04-01-2006, 09:53 PM
thank you!

dcondon
04-01-2006, 09:54 PM
short answer is if you are putting any kind of pesticide on your own property you dont have to be licensed, but if you are doing it for somone else on there land then yes you do have to be licensed. thats the reason why your chain stores carry so many different lawn chemicals because they cateur to the homeowner. now has far as applying just straight fert then in some states you dont need a license, but if the fert has any weed or bug control angents in it then you need the license.

well said!!!!:)

johngreen
04-03-2006, 01:40 AM
You will also that the stuff you can by without a licence is notas strong and does not work as well at least for killing weeds.

Runner
04-03-2006, 03:42 AM
The concentrate may or may not be the same, but once it is mixed, it is pretty much all the same.