PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely insane prices! What's going on?

Howie's Lawn Care
04-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey guys,
I was just driving through the local Ford Dealership and was looking at the F-250s. I'm not in a financial situation to buy one, but then all of a sudden maybe I am. This is going to sound crazy, but they had two 2006 F-250 diesels brand new for $14, ???.00 each. They also had an XL F-250 for $11,9??.00. One sticker said $43,???.00 - $28,???.00 = $14,???.00. I looked around and they had these stickers on various makes and models of other trucks and SUVs. I didn't look at any cars. Have you guys seen any thing like this? Here is a link to one of the $15,000.00 diesels. http://daveknappford.com/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/searchinventory/vehicledetailsnew.asp?orgid=2327&vin=1FTSX21P96EA14065 (http://http://daveknappford.com/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/searchinventory/vehicledetailsnew.asp?orgid=2327&vin=1FTSX21P96EA14065) The stickers say, "see sales associate for details." I don't know what to think, its the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. Unfortunately, its true. I'd say you could buy one and turn around and sell it for a huge profit. Let me know what you guys think or know about this.
-Nick Howard

ToroLandscaper
04-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Hey guys,
I was just driving through the local Ford Dealership and was looking at the F-250s. I'm not in a financial situation to buy one, but then all of a sudden maybe I am. This is going to sound crazy, but they had two 2006 F-250 diesels brand new for $14, ???.00 each. They also had an XL F-250 for $11,9??.00. One sticker said $43,???.00 - $28,???.00 = $14,???.00. I looked around and they had these stickers on various makes and models of other trucks and SUVs. I didn't look at any cars. Have you guys seen any thing like this? Here is a link to one of the $15,000.00 diesels. http://daveknappford.com/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/searchinventory/vehicledetailsnew.asp?orgid=2327&vin=1FTSX21P96EA14065 (http://http://daveknappford.com/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/searchinventory/vehicledetailsnew.asp?orgid=2327&vin=1FTSX21P96EA14065) The stickers say, "see sales associate for details." I don't know what to think, its the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. Unfortunately, its true. I'd say you could buy one and turn around and sell it for a huge profit. Let me know what you guys think or know about this.
-Nick Howard

Maybe its just a way to get you talkin to a sales person...idk im interested what others think!

jtkplc
04-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Sounds to good to be true. There has to be a catch, I can't believe they could sell one for $15,000.

Splicer
04-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Bad link...

In '87 I bought a Ford Ranger king cab, every option available...$18,000

NO way are you going to get a $43,000 truck for $15,000...Too good to be true, it probably is.

northernsvc's
04-01-2006, 11:59 PM
sounds like im driving to ohio for a new truck, if it is true, but yea there has to be a catch.

dkeisala
04-02-2006, 12:01 AM
$15,000 is what I paid for my '98 stripped down F250 w/ gas engine when I bought it new. My 2003 F350 V10 was $20,000 for the cab and chassis before the dump body was put on. It's gotta be a gimmick.

promower
04-02-2006, 01:23 AM
I heard of a dealership called Dave Smith autos, I think that was the name. He sells vehicles just over wholesale but sells hundreds per week. I heard his prices were really cheap, I've never been to the dealership so take what I say with a grain of salt. 15K for a new 06 diesel sounds to good to be true though, its probably an add for a lease and 15K is what you will pay over 2-3 years with balance due at the end of the lease.

topsites
04-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Bad link...

I got it working:
http://daveknappford.com/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/searchinventory/vehicledetailsnew.asp?orgid=2327&vin=1FTSX21P96EA14065

But where's the 15k sticker, am I missing something?
I'm thinking the stuff with 43-28 = 14 is something to do with a lease or special payment plan, nothing else.
Probably some thing like the first 4-5 years are interest free in which time you pay off the first 28k which then leaves you with 14k worth of interest-bearing debt.
Translation: It still costs 43.

p.s.: do let me know if I'm wrong, I'll fly up there in a borrowed aircraft to buy one lol

sheshovel
04-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Maaybe a huge intrest rate on the loan?To make up the $$ that is not on the sticker price?
Geeze I hope so!I just got my 97 F150 for 9000.00 with interest 12000.00..this is gonna make me SICK!

SouthernFried
04-02-2006, 01:47 AM
April Fools?

newz7151
04-02-2006, 03:39 AM
April Fools?

They don't just come out in April Southern....

Keith
04-02-2006, 06:46 AM
LOL :laugh: There is no way anyone is going to sell that truck, or any other for that matter, at a loss like that.

Here is the low down on that truck:

MSRP: $43040
Invoice: $37953
X Plan: $37876
A/Z Plan: $36255 (If you have to ask if you qualify for this price, you don't)

- rebate of $2500 (*some could be qualified for other small rebates)

A great deal on this truck, and I mean an absolutely smoking deal, for a person who was not a Ford employee, not a retired employee, not a salaried dealership employee, and not an immediate relative of a Ford employee or retiree would be $1000 under invoice - $2500 rebate, and if you were lucky another $500 rebate. Or $34k before tax. And deals of $1000 under come along once in a great while. If someone offered that I would think something was wrong with the truck. Invoice priced sales are not that uncommon, and still a great deal.

Someone mentioned it earlier, itt sounds like a lease deal to me too.

start2finish
04-02-2006, 02:53 PM
A/Z plan, is this employee pricing? explain, I assume I don't qualify because I'm asking.

Keith
04-02-2006, 04:33 PM
If you work for the Ford company, other than at a dealership, you can get A Plan. If you retired, you get Z Plan. But the price is exactly the same. Your immediate family also qualifies. If your dad worked for Ford, you will qualify. This is pretty much the same price they offered with the family plan, last summer for a couple of months. I think they did tack a small fee on that raised it slightly above, but it was pretty close.

X Plan is a little easier to qualify for. You could very well have access to an X Plan PIN and not even know it. Many companies offer this to their employees. Some clubs offer it to their members. And a Ford employee can give out several a year. X Plan is pretty close to invoice price. I little less on some, like a Super Duty and a little more on say, a Mustang. The benefit is the no-haggle price. You walk in, ask the dealer if they will sell the vehicle for X Plan (provided you qualify) and the price is written in stone. The are not supposed to tack on any crap fees to the sale. Ford frowns on that. So you know what you are paying and you don't have to negotiate anything.

MMLawn
04-02-2006, 04:39 PM
If you work for the Ford company, other than at a dealership, you can get A Plan. If you retired, you get Z Plan. But the price is exactly the same. Your immediate family also qualifies. If your dad worked for Ford, you will qualify. This is pretty much the same price they offered with the family plan, last summer for a couple of months. I think they did tack a small fee on that raised it slightly above, but it was pretty close.

X Plan is a little easier to qualify for. You could very well have access to an X Plan PIN and not even know it. Many companies offer this to their employees. Some clubs offer it to their members. And a Ford employee can give out several a year. X Plan is pretty close to invoice price. I little less on some, like a Super Duty and a little more on say, a Mustang. The benefit is the no-haggle price. You walk in, ask the dealer if they will sell the vehicle for X Plan (provided you qualify) and the price is written in stone. The are not supposed to tack on any crap fees to the sale. Ford frowns on that. So you know what you are paying and you don't have to negotiate anything.

The X Plan PINs are very easy to get even with no contacts and not knowing anyone connected to Ford even, if you just know where to look. :eek: The down side to the X and A/Z Plan is that it is not offered to Commercial buyers at all. In other words if your vehicles are purchased/financed/titled in your company name you cannot use these plans as Ford will only allow them to be used on "personal vehicle purchases".

Howie's Lawn Care
04-02-2006, 07:08 PM
I was telling some people at work about the crzy prices and found out its a two year lease and then purchase. My friend Mike said his parents looked at a mustang because it was advertised at 10K. It was exciting for a little while.

sheshovel
04-02-2006, 07:12 PM
OH GOOD I knew it had to be something like that..Thank GOD!