PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

PreciseCut
04-02-2006, 11:01 AM
I need some help guys. I have put out about 3,000 flyers and have gotten a ok response. But the people are calling for a estimate and after I give them a written I don't hear back at all. I checked with a couple other friends who own other companies to see where I am going wrong but I seem to be in the same range as their prices. Any ideas or advice?

topsites
04-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Try verbal estimates instead, I believe that works better for various reasons.

Once you get a price, call them on their phone number and either speak to them or leave a message, here's an example:

Hi, I'm 'yourname' with 'nameofyourCo' and I've been out to estimate the work.
They say ok. (skip this for answering machines)
And you name the price.

Try it.
/////////////////////////////////////////

If that still doesn't work, you'll either have to lower your prices or put out another 3000 flyers (different neighborhoods, avoid duplicity).
But definitely, go verbal on the estimates.

mowenfast
04-02-2006, 07:53 PM
how was your respose with the 3,000? I would stay with a verbal then come back after they say yes, and give it to them in writing.

Evergreenpros
04-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I need some help guys. I have put out about 3,000 flyers and have gotten a ok response. But the people are calling for a estimate and after I give them a written I don't hear back at all. I checked with a couple other friends who own other companies to see where I am going wrong but I seem to be in the same range as their prices. Any ideas or advice?

I would look at price last. Here's the importance in order:
1. 1st impression. Truck clean? You clean? You answer the phone professionally? Your estimate forms professional? Are you confident on the estimates? Do you look them in the eye when you speak to them? How is your body language? Do you wear a uniform? (even if it's just a jacket with you company name on it) Do you explain to them what they are getting for the price before you give it to them?

2. What you offer. Do you offer what people are looking for? Do most people want fert treatments as well? Do they know that you trim, edge, blow every time as well as mow? Do they know they can call you for additional services? Don't overlook the obvious

3. Follow up. Do you just give them the estimate and that's it? Are you calling them or sending them a card for follow up? It's essential.

4. Price. Usually, believe it or not, people don't charge enough. There is a strong price/value relationship in our country. If there are 2 identical cars parked next to one another and one has $5,000 on the window and the other has $3,000 on the window, which one do you think the vast majority of people will look at first? The 5k one. You get what you pay for. Cheap price will yield a cheap service.

After I looked at the 1st 3 items I would raise my prices and see if it helped. I don't ever go cheaper, it's bad business. Add value and keep your prices high, you'll be glad you did.