PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Racks for a Truck??

Green-Cuts
04-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Hello

I am wondering if there is anyone that sales trimmer racks for tucks that might go in the holes in the rails of the bed so you do not have to bolt anything to the bed that would damage the bed itself.
THanks
BJ

trying 2b organic
04-02-2006, 03:54 PM
I built side rails out of wood, then built a trimmer rack out of wood (if you can believe it) to secure trimmer to this.

Imagine a 2 by 4 on its side. Come in 3 inches from the end and drill a whole as big as your trimmer. Cut a line from hole to end of wood. Put hinge on that end. I need to take pictures, simple stuff but I would have killed to have had someone suggest it to me at the time.

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-02-2006, 04:12 PM
I built side rails out of wood, then built a trimmer rack out of wood (if you can believe it) to secure trimmer to this.

Imagine a 2 by 4 on its side. Come in 3 inches from the end and drill a whole as big as your trimmer. Cut a line from hole to end of wood. Put hinge on that end. I need to take pictures, simple stuff but I would have killed to have had someone suggest it to me at the time.

Would love to see a pic or two. Thinking of going the dovetail route on small truck.

LawnTamer
04-02-2006, 04:49 PM
I built one for a buddy once out of 2" square tubing. If you have access to a welder it is real easy to build.

Green-Cuts
04-02-2006, 11:42 PM
HI

I would love to see any pics of the set ups you have or more detailed instructions on how to make one. I thought about using 2 X 2's but did not know how sturdy or secure that would be?

Thanks
BJ

POPO4995
04-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Trimmer Trap makes a truck mount.