PDA

View Full Version : Mail estimate or drop off estimate

LawnsRUsInc.
04-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Do you mail your estiamtes off to the customers or do you drop them off at the time of first going to the property? I have been getting th einfo and typing it up later that day and just mailing it off to the customer do you guys have any insight on this?

Gatewayuser
04-02-2006, 10:56 PM
ALWAYS drop it off! It shows that you actually care and that you want the customers business.

jtkplc
04-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Take the time and do it in person.

POPO4995
04-02-2006, 11:40 PM
I always drop it off unless I try a few times when nobody is home. Then I drop it in the mail.

I tell them that this is your proposal, look it over and feel free to call me with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your interest and hope to conduct business with you.:)

6'7 330
04-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Our company consults with all prospective clients.Our clientele, prefers to meet and discuss their maintenance, or Landscape Renovation, or installation needs.I will not deal with potential clients who refuse to discuss business with me, in person.

GarPA
04-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Most of the estimates I do are emailed and customers like the email feature....its very fast and effcient and stops the phone tag problem. If the estimate is complex or they have more than a simple ? or two, we then meet with them and go over it.

For people not using email, we drop it off.

walker-talker
04-04-2006, 10:24 AM
I always try to meet with the potential client at the time of giving the estimate. You will find yourself closing a lot more jobs if you do. In the last 6 years, I have never mailed an estimate. If they are not home at the time, I will leave it in a bag on the door handle.

Runner
04-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Anymaore, I can go to a property, consult with the people on exactly what it is they want or need, survey the prop., then, go to my truck, type up the proposal (template) and print it off. I bring it right back into them a few minutes later....hot off the printer. Usually, the reaction is like .."Wow!"

Evergreenpros
04-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I've found my closing rate on maintenance customers is close to 80% for in person estimates and 10-20% for estimates dropped off or delivered by any other means. I only provide 1 maintenance program at the moment so I just have preprinted estimate forms that list everything that will be done with a line where I write the price.

ed2hess
04-08-2006, 09:27 PM
We find that if you can get them an e-mail the same day they are likely to sign up....people want replies instantly...we think. We don't go to the site we simply estimate and take our chances after asking them a couple simply questions on email.

GarPA
04-09-2006, 03:09 AM
For those customers who use email, I have found it extremely effective as well. The closing rate when using email is the best of any methods we use and customers love the efficiency of it and also having an non paper copy of it on their 'puter. Also allows for answering easy questions and eliminates phone tag as most people are very busy

antonelawncare
04-19-2006, 06:43 AM
definitely drop off in person,the sooner the better and personalized service is more likely to close the deal. payup payup

B. Phagan
04-22-2006, 02:09 PM
If you're just throwing a number at them, mail it.........if this is a potentially high profit deal (which you should know in advance), take it to them, explain it to them and close the deal!!

Contrary to some thinking, we are in the RELATIONSHIP profession............and getting to know them pays big dividends and profits!

sheshovel
04-22-2006, 02:33 PM
I e-mail it or deliver it in person..I never mail estimates

Bustus
04-22-2006, 02:40 PM
If its for something small like lawn cutting, I tell them on the spot, as they usually expect that. If it's for a bigger job, I call them and tell them I have one prepared in which case they mainly just wanna hear over the phone what I have to say. If its really big they will ask me to come by to explain it in detail. I never email or mail.

General Landscaping
04-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Anymore, I can go to a property, consult with the people on exactly what it is they want or need, survey the prop., then, go to my truck, type up the proposal (template) and print it off. I bring it right back into them a few minutes later....hot off the printer. Usually, the reaction is like .."Wow!"

Exactly what he said... without the 'puter, printer, & wow.

But I'm working on that part...... people love it when you got your s#it together.