PDA

View Full Version : keep getting rained out

Grn Mtn
04-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Every time I try to start this patio/wall project mother nature decides otherwise. I'd really like to get this done before vacation at the end of the month but were supposed to get SNOW tonight!

dcondon
04-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I know what you mean, I was doing cleanups yesterday and it's snowing today!!!:dizzy:

sheshovel
04-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I was expecting a pic......?Do what Marcus does..tent the whole area and put heaters and music in there and work anyway,I think that was Marcus..could be wrong

Green Pastures
04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
We are 6" behind in rainfall for this year, here it is only April 3. It's finally raining today.

MarcusLndscp
04-03-2006, 07:03 PM
That was me......tented in under a deck today so we could work tomorrow in the rain. Only took about an hour to set up enough work for 5 guys tomorrow all day. We have to progress one way or the other.

Grn Mtn
04-04-2006, 11:42 AM
You know the thought had crossed my mind about a tent, if this keeps up I'll have to do that. Normally with the rest of my landscaping rain just slows you down and makes you grumpy and the employees call in:laugh:

SheShovel, this is for you --a pict. Homeowner had this "bowl" dug out last year and crusher put down to keep the mud out of the office. I'll have to scrape most of it back to get to proper elevation. Nothing like taking two steps back to go forward.

sheshovel
04-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Iss he gonna fix the bottom of that wall there before you do your work?
Is that catch basin going to be the only way to drain the area?How will that work out?

Grn Mtn
04-04-2006, 12:30 PM
The patio will be sloped to the catch basin, and the "free-standing" wall has been scratched for now. The DIY wall will remain until the owner sees how lovely it looks compared to Versa-Lok :drinkup: Sometimes one must see for oneself to realize the truth. The fixing of the wall is just plastic that was laid up against the foundation if memory serves me correct.

MarcusLndscp
04-04-2006, 08:07 PM
I hope you're able to do some site work in that whole area to make water run properly and to clean things up. Where does that catch basin daylight to? Anywhere? Looks as though you may be able to raise the patio up a bit in elevation and maybe add a course or two of block to raise the catch basin so everythings not in a such a big "bowl". Hard to say that all for sure from pics but it looks as if it could work.

Grn Mtn
04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
might be kind of hard to see in the drawing but there is a drain pipe leading into the catch basin and another leading out along the to-be walkway. unfortunately less is more with the customers business partner, so no site work. It was a stretch just getting to use the good stuff. but interesting about raising the height. I haven't checked the elevations 100% yet but around the drain area will be raised about 4" with crusher and up the hill of the drain I have to excavate about 4' into the hill towards the driveway/tree.