PDA

View Full Version : Beet Juice Extract

The Friendly Green
04-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Hey, just wondering what you guys think about "beet juice extract" we have a ban on pesticides where I am, so just wondering how well it actually works?

sheshovel
04-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Gee never used it but I suppose it would turn things red.

NattyLawn
04-04-2006, 07:34 AM
Hey, just wondering what you guys think about "beet juice extract" we have a ban on pesticides where I am, so just wondering how well it actually works?

You're going to have to wait for some Canadians to answer this one. From what I was told, the beet juice extract is used in Canada and is not approved in the US as of yet. Try asking a question in the Green Guardian forum or contacting the Canadian distributor.

http://www.bjedistri-organic.com/cgi-bin/mm_core.pl?pid=177&id_langue=en

The Friendly Green
04-04-2006, 12:22 PM
I've already chatted (and ordered) from them. Just I wanted to get someone's opinion who has actually used it for a while. Just curious on what type of results I should expect from my trials.

PVLAND
04-04-2006, 06:52 PM
I used it once for a all organic customer. Sank like all hell, turned the weeds a little yellow, killed nothing. Got a bunch of complaints from the neighborhood. This was about four years ago so it may have changed. I don't remember the brand name.

Microbe
04-04-2006, 10:15 PM
For whatever its worth...... Can you buy beets in bulk and use lets say my "jack la lane juicer," and extract it that way? If you add a drop of vitamine E it should preserve the juice long enough to use...... but it must be used within an hour...... when juicing the active enzymes and nutrients dissipate as air mix's with it....... just my 2cents......... and to make an extract you can take dried beets and make a huge TICTURE out of it...... evaporte the alcohol and your left with beat extract...... ;)

Microbe
04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
By the way that site is awsome! Serious cutting edge organix...... If you feed the lawn predominantly protein is that bad for the soil? I know bacteria breaks down protiens, leaving slime trails helping to...... dam can't remember. must study..... but......... if to much protien is delivered into the soil? Can the bacteria become to much of a good thing?
How do you balance, the input of these incredibly interesting, and well thought out products? From benegicial fungus to beneficial bacteria, is to much bad? If this is gona start a 5 page essay... then tell me to read a certain book.... lol...... but if an answer can be stated that sum's this HUGE area of soil biology then shoot!

green_mark
04-29-2006, 09:32 AM
I used it once for a all organic customer. Sank like all hell, turned the weeds a little yellow, killed nothing. Got a bunch of complaints from the neighborhood. This was about four years ago so it may have changed. I don't remember the brand name.

The products are have been under development and continue to undergo refinements in manufacturing and improved results. Each year our results improve and our application procedures/equipment also change to provide faster and better results.

I cannot guarantee this product came from us but from the description it's possible. You would have to contact me directly to make sure.

651-789-1830 is my direct line. Feel free to call me with any questions/comments.

green_mark
05-17-2006, 06:40 PM
This is a photo taken 24 hours after applying our new formula. The effectiveness is definitely exceptional.

green_mark
06-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Treated correctly, proper mowing & watering and 4 years under our care.