PDA

View Full Version : Best Software To Use

EPIC
04-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Lawn Pro ?groundskeeper ?quickbooks? And Why

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-04-2006, 09:31 AM
We use Lawn Monkey. $805.00 Very good program. Demoed Goper, Q-Clip, Lawn Pro, Grounds Keeper, Service CEO, Clip, and several others. They all have their place in the Green Industrie. However, we chose Lawn monkey for the layout, user ability, and that we will be able to grow into it. When looking at these programs I think it helps if you analyze where you are with your company in relation to the sofware. ie.. lets use Lawn pro for example, as you go thru the demoe figure out how much of that particular portion you are capitalizing on now 20%, 40%, etc... Across the board I feel if you are only using 20% to 30% of the sofware it gives you something to grow into. I for chance you buy software that you are now using at 80% plus in a very short time you will be searching for faster better software. It would be like buying a 4x6 trailer at the beginning of the season only to find out that you need a 5x10, so at end of season you buy 5x10 and then half way thru next season your coughing up more dough for 6x12 or larger. Just my .02 stupids

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-04-2006, 09:36 AM
BTW. We liked Gopher as a second choice. It just didnt have the variable scheduling. That was a seller for us.

walker-talker
04-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I also use LM for similar reasons. I demo'd a lot of programs and found LM was something I could grow into. After using the program for 4 years, I still feel that I am using only about 20% of the program. LM has it's own accounting functions, so if you are using Quickbooks, you might check into Qxpress. Both programs are made by Alocet. Qxpress intergrates with Quickbooks and is a little bit cheaper, but has all the routing and scheduling features as Lawn Monkey. If you still feel that it's more money than what you want to spend, Gopher probably would be my second choice as well.

StBalor
04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
BTW. We liked Gopher as a second choice. It just didnt have the variable scheduling. That was a seller for us.

Explain variable scheduling please. I was thinking of checking this software out.