PDA

View Full Version : Cutting when grass is wet

LushGreenLawn
04-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Today I saw someone cutting grass in the rain. It is raining tonight, but should stop by the mourning. Can you cut when it is wet? I have always been told (by my parents, not a pro) not to mow when it is wet. I have my very first day of cutting tomorrow and am anxious to get started, what do you guys think?

BLS 2002
04-03-2006, 09:36 PM
When you're in this business... Sometimes you have to mow when it's wet. Especially in the rainy season. I try to hold off if it's raining but of course I don't have as many accounts as most of these guys do so I can get away with that. But if you're loaded you gotta do what you gotta do.

jt5019
04-03-2006, 09:50 PM
You can cut when its wet but its messy and not fun at all to do. If its too wet you might get clumping all over the place and you also have to be extra careful so you dont rut or slide on the lawn. I avoid mowing in the rain whenver possible i would rather work a little extra the following days.

dcondon
04-03-2006, 09:55 PM
We don't like to mow in the rain but sometimes we have no choice. You do have to be very careful not to damage the lawn:dancing: