PDA

View Full Version : Where to get supplies?

Green-Cuts
04-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Hey were do most of you get supplies like spark plugs, air filters, and all that fun stuff. I tried autozone for my sparkplugs but they do not carry them and the dealers charge out the rear for them.

Thanks
BJ

hackitdown
04-04-2006, 11:39 AM
This place works for me:
http://www.j-thomas.com/

jbone
04-04-2006, 10:38 PM
well I jsut went to home depot and they had a bunch of stuff there. Im sure most hardware stores have them and dealers for whatever your machine is should prob have them too.

Willofalltrades
04-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Dealer charges out the rear because they know they are the only place besides online shopping that sells them locally. Pay the price at the dealer and develope a relationship with them.

Dweezil
04-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Dealer charges out the rear because they know they are the only place besides online shopping that sells them locally. Pay the price at the dealer and develope a relationship with them.

Actually, speaking as a retailer, some of that stuff we get hosed on. Sparkplugs are the best example to use, for some plugs it's cheaper for us to go buy them at Autozone than buy them from distributors.

topsites
04-05-2006, 11:07 PM
If you have a Kohler 15hp engine, you can use Advance Auto Parts Oil filter (the storebrand) part number AA3614, and it might work for other hp kohlers as well. Autozone may be able to cross-ref AA parts, dunno...

I use this storebrand oil filter on my mowers, it costs 3 dollars a piece and I also use Advance Auto parts storebrand oil filters on my bmw -> If it's good enough for the beemer, it's good enough for the Toro. Keep in mind I run synthetic blend oil.

That saves me a bundle, those stupid oil filters. I tear off the sticker on the AA filters and it's a nice red, looks cool on the black Kohler plus it has that grippy stuff all over it so you never need a wrench.

For Belts, try Napa but make sure you tell them it is an agricultural belt and for use on a lawn-mower.
Do NOT use an automotive belt on a mower, it will not last.
It helps to bring in the old belt, it helps even more if you can bring in a whole (new or not broken) belt - they can match up transmission belts for sure, sometimes blade belts... Sorry, no wheel belts for the gear-drive (yes I tried).

6'7 330
04-05-2006, 11:23 PM
We have an exceptional relationship with our dealer.He takes care us,we reciprocate and buy our parts from him.Gets us warranty repairs, more often then not back in one day.Gives us a parts discount,and many times he will throw in items like a spark plug or two free.Many little things he doesnít charge us for.

LB1234
04-05-2006, 11:40 PM
We have an exceptional relationship with our dealer.He takes care us,we reciprocate and buy our parts from him.Gets us warranty repairs, more often then not back in one day.Gives us a parts discount,and many times he will throw in items like a spark plug or two free.Many little things he doesnít charge us for.

Agreed...

If you go to your dealer for the maintenance parts then he knows that you are maintaining your equipment. Therefore, when there is a problem, he knows its a possible defect not someone who doesn't treat his equipment badly. just my two cents.