PDA

View Full Version : just starting

johngreen
04-03-2006, 11:52 PM
I am planning on starting a lawn maintance and landscaping business. I want to pay cash for enough equment to get started and I will not have it until July.Is it a waste of time and money to start advertising that late in the season for mowing business? Would I get a better response if I waited until early next march? Would it be a good idea to put out a flyer and advertise an areating service and on the flyer metion that I will be doing mowing and fert starting in 2007?I know that this is a ways off but I want to be prepaired. I wish I could have started today. I am tired of making money for someone else!

FinerCutslawnCare
04-04-2006, 12:03 AM
No it isn't to late to start advertising in iowa, it has been raining here for the last 2 days, haven't even been able to do a lawn yet, but besides that, if you won't be receiving your equipement until July, most people will want someone that can start NOW! If i were you make all your plans and get all of your equipment before you even think about putting a flyer out(that is if you don't have equipment yet)

Dunn's
04-04-2006, 12:23 AM
good question last year I did not start until late junebecause the guy I was working for was not maintaining cutomers cuttting them a week or to late without calling our anything you know whenever he needed money so I started flyering on my own and I only put out about 1000 flyers and I got five customers not alot but a start remember you get way more business by word of mouth. so they can help you next year and by late June all the crappy lawn services are starting to not show up on the days there supposed to if they are showing up at all, and believe me there are alot of crappy lawn services out there.

sooner74
04-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Some of the lowballers will realize that the $30 lawn they are mowing for $20 isn't worth it when its 100 degrees plus outside.

daveintoledo
04-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Some of the lowballers will realize that the $30 lawn they are mowing for $20 isn't worth it when its 100 degrees plus outside.

there is a time where people get rid of the old lawn guy who isnt doing a good job, and look for a new one...

wannaquitmydayjob
04-04-2006, 11:57 PM
there is a time where people get rid of the old lawn guy who isnt doing a good job, and look for a new one...

Would that be the time the customer finds out he doesn't have a fert/pest license?