PDA

View Full Version : how to charge for huge development?

roger miller
04-04-2006, 09:01 AM
It looks like I might have a chance of getting a 80-100 home development to put in the landscaping. Do you guys charge by the hour on something like that? I have pretty much tried to stick with mowing because it is $1 per minute charge but this will also lead into much mowing at some point so I don't feel like I should pass it up if it happens. Just don't know how to charge for landscaping. All the other small landscaping jobs, I have just charged $20 per hour. Need advice quick.

Liquidfast
04-04-2006, 10:20 PM
It looks like I might have a chance of getting a 80-100 home development to put in the landscaping. Do you guys charge by the hour on something like that? I have pretty much tried to stick with mowing because it is $1 per minute charge but this will also lead into much mowing at some point so I don't feel like I should pass it up if it happens. Just don't know how to charge for landscaping. All the other small landscaping jobs, I have just charged $20 per hour. Need advice quick.

Well Mr. Miller, you might want to continue to charge your hourly rate but add an additional $5 per hour to cover any unexpected surprises.

Git er done!

BSDeality
04-04-2006, 10:23 PM
$20/hr... hmm, i'll give you all the work you can handle for $20/hr... you pay for gas, insurance, tools, equipment, etc.

I suggest you take a look at the true costs of running your business.

PROCUT1
04-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Maybe you should leave that project for the professionals

CutRight
04-04-2006, 11:33 PM
if you knwo what you're doing you should be at LEAST $100/hour.

CutRight
04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
and thats if you're by yourself and your equipment. a job of that size requires a lot of resources, equipment and employees in order to get done in a timely and economic fashion.

your not really talking an hourly charge but some serious overhead as well as your profit margin to consider. id get some experience with something much smaller if i were you, so that you can figure out the costs of running your business.

AintNoFun
04-05-2006, 08:42 AM
amazing... gotta love the dollar per min theory.. thats truly knowing your costs...

2 clowns mowing
04-05-2006, 08:50 AM
i would charge $10 to $15 per house just for mowing. and add $60.00 an hour for extras :waving:

scott's turf
04-05-2006, 09:01 AM
so you charge $60/hr for mowing and $20/hr for landscaping???:dizzy: