PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

The landscaper
04-04-2006, 09:50 AM
When you guys write up contracts for people, do you make them up on the computer or just use printed versions and fill in information by hand?

RockSet N' Grade
04-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Scaper, I have a pre-written contract that is in triplicate (white, yellow, pink). All my contracts/invoices are preprinted with invoice numbers on them, a place for name,street,city,state, drivers license number and phone numbers. There is a large area for scope of work to be written out for each job by hand.
Most important for me, on the back are the terms and conditions (legal stuff) to protect my hinney i.e.: additions/deductions, contingencies, payment, attorney fees, owner to provide at no cost to contractor permission to work on or over adjoining property to perform this contract.....yada,yada, yada.
If the job is complex, I may take the time to computorize the bid, but I always always always include the legal jargon.
I had these printed at a local store with my logo and stuff for about $100 for 500.

The landscaper
04-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Good, I was just planning to print my contract and fill in rest by hand, that way I could do right there with the customer.