PDA

View Full Version : cleaning a pond?

ajlandscaping
04-04-2006, 02:38 PM
today i got a call to do a spring cleanup and the lady mentioned she has a small pond. as we were talking on the phone i told her i could take look at her yard and see roughly how much it would cost and how much i had to clean up. well i get there today and take a look at the pond and notice its alittle smaller then she told me it looked to be about 4 feet wide and about 1 - 2 feet deep i noticed alot of algea on the rocks and assumed that what she wanted clean when she mentioned it but i don't know how to go about doing it and pricing it any help would be greatly appreciated

kbrashears
04-04-2006, 03:54 PM
That's no pond.

That's a mudhole.

Is there anything living in it?

Runner
04-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Empty it, use a wet vac and suck all the water out, pressure wash it all (pressure washer works excellent for doing this - including the rocks). Figure about 40-45 dollars for an hours work.

ajlandscaping
04-04-2006, 09:48 PM
it had two goldfish in it and draining it i can't do i don't have the equipment for that atm unless i just drained it from there pump that goes to there very small waterfall

ajlandscaping
04-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Empty it, use a wet vac and suck all the water out, pressure wash it all (pressure washer works excellent for doing this - including the rocks). Figure about 40-45 dollars for an hours work.

for the price you gave would that just be the pond fee or the overall fee to do the spring cleanup and pond?

Runner
04-04-2006, 10:38 PM
It is just the pond. I don't know anything about the spring cleanup. As far as the fich, you get a smal net and fish them out and put them in a bucket of water. I have a pond, and I do it a few times a year.

ECS
04-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Here are the ponds I had to take care of where we were living last year. There were three of them connected by waterfalls and streams. Cleaning them was a friggin nightmare so I had a crew come in and do it. This is the middle pond. The waterfall was under the wooden bridge on the left side.

ECS
04-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Here is another obstical I had to deal with on the same ponds. This was the lowest or last one of the three ponds.