PDA

View Full Version : Protrac Over-the-Tire Skid Steer Rubber Tracks

jhgilliland
04-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Anyone have expirence with the Protrac Over the tire rubber tracks. Thinking of ordering a set here soon. Just curious what sort of traction i could expect from the rubber and also how are they on turf. The rubber pads are bolt on so they can be replaced. Also, they can be interchanged with the steel plates which is pretty cool. Thanks in advance.

JDSKIDSTEER
04-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Anyone have expirence with the Protrac Over the tire rubber tracks. Thinking of ordering a set here soon. Just curious what sort of traction i could expect from the rubber and also how are they on turf. The rubber pads are bolt on so they can be replaced. Also, they can be interchanged with the steel plates which is pretty cool. Thanks in advance.
Have no experience with protrac.......Had bad experience with others. Will never sell rubber over tire again.

thepawnshop
04-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Are the Protrac tracks made by McLaren? I absolutely LOVE their thier semi-pneumatic tires but have no experience with tehir tracks. Good company, though!

minimax
04-06-2006, 01:26 AM
MY friend has them on a cat 246 and made mini dozer out of it.Machine use to sit all winter because of mud.After buying the tracks get used alot.Has not been stuck yet.

jhgilliland
04-06-2006, 12:08 PM
JDSkidsteer- I have read some of your other posts, although i beleive you dealt with track styles like the solideal tracks. The Mclaren Protrac is basically a steel grouser track with bolt on rubber pads that are replaceable.

Yes they are made by Mclaren. I talked to the sales rep on the phone and seemed very knowledgeable.

They look to be a very useful product. Anyone else know anyhting about them?

JDSKIDSTEER
04-06-2006, 09:58 PM
JDSkidsteer- I have read some of your other posts, although i beleive you dealt with track styles like the solideal tracks. The Mclaren Protrac is basically a steel grouser track with bolt on rubber pads that are replaceable.

Yes they are made by Mclaren. I talked to the sales rep on the phone and seemed very knowledgeable.

They look to be a very useful product. Anyone else know anyhting about them?
Grouser had similar style and distributor discouraged me from selling that style. I sold another style made out of polyerathane and they were a pain. Mclaren does have a good reputation with their tires, but I am still gun shy.

JDSKIDSTEER
04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Grouser had similar style and distributor discouraged me from selling that style. I sold another style made out of polyerathane and they were a pain. Mclaren does have a good reputation with their tires, but I am still gun shy.
Has anyone tried these. I would be interesred to see how durable they are.