PDA

View Full Version : Leave invoice at house?

scott's turf
04-04-2006, 08:57 PM
We do monthly billing for all our landscaping and mowing customers and this year we will be doing irrigation start-ups and repairs. For those services do most of you guys leave a bill at the house or mail one? Also do those of you that do irrigation and lawn care do you have different invoices for each?

Thanks for the help
-Scott

Dirty Water
04-04-2006, 09:43 PM
We mail our invoices.

koster_irrigation
04-04-2006, 11:28 PM
MAIL! we run quickbooks pro at the office, much easier.

CAL-LANDSCAPER
04-04-2006, 11:35 PM
How do you handle your monthly billings? Mail or bill left at door?
Typed and mailed is more professional, but we also have 'Service Call'
printed form for hand written invoice to get paid at time of service

Beartooth
04-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Mailing is definitely the way to go, however, we are also e-mailing all our invoices as aback-up to the hard copy.

ECS
04-05-2006, 02:00 AM
Mail all invoices and all work done is on one invoice.

DanaMac
04-07-2006, 10:43 AM
We do both. If they are not home, and it was fairly easy, routine, I leave one there. With a self addressed envelope. If it took a few hours and need to figure a lot of prices, I will figure it at the office and mail. I'll try to attach my invoice later to show you what I leave them.

If they are home, and I don't have time for their endless babble when collecting the check, I tell them I am out of invoices and will mail one.

SprinklerGuy
04-07-2006, 11:04 AM
When my company was large, we left lots of bills...now that it is just me and I don't have the resources to suffer through all the receivables....99% of all work is done for folks that are at home, with their checkbooks. As for as endless babble goes, I can babble w/ the best of them and have found that actually gets me referrals.....speaking of referrals, tell Wendi(y?) I said thank you...

When I do work for folks that aren't home, I call them, explain the bill, and get their credit card # over the phone. Easier for me that way.

DanaMac
04-07-2006, 11:43 AM
speaking of referrals, tell Wendi(y?) I said thank you...

It's "Windy". Did you get the inspection referral for WP as well?

SprinklerGuy
04-07-2006, 12:06 PM
That is what I was talking about and I knew the name was spelled weird...sorry :(

Wet Yet
04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
I always mail an invoice, and a time and material breakdown.
Quickbooks is good for AR. Oh yeah, I started filing the time and materials info in the customer file for documentation. It has come in handy numerous times.

BSME
04-10-2006, 11:28 PM
I do both...

I have invoices in the truck that I'll leave with the customer. I find a lot of the time the homeowner will want one right away so that they get it over with.

It's also nice to get paid right away.

If it is a lot of parts or I'm in a hurry I'll mail them one.

Flow Control
04-10-2006, 11:42 PM
I do both...

I have invoices in the truck that I'll leave with the customer. I find a lot of the time the homeowner will want one right away so that they get it over with.

It's also nice to get paid right away.

If it is a lot of parts or I'm in a hurry I'll mail them one.

DITTO.....

Critical Care
04-12-2006, 12:02 AM
I worked for a company that used blue invoices for itís irrigation department, and green invoices for other landscaping services.

Very rarely will I hand deliver an invoice. Many of my landscape maintenance clients just get one invoice for both irrigation and landscape work. Minor irrigation repairs I just include as part of landscape maintenance.