View Full Version : Opinions of John Deere stand on's
B G Property Services
04-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I am considering a John Deere stand on, 2002 , 54 inch deck with a 23 horse kawasaki. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with John Deere's stand on's? I am wondering how they cut, durability, and how easy mowing straight lines is. Any opinions will be helpful. Thanks alot
04-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Get a 52" wright stander
04-05-2006, 01:15 AM
All I can say is I did a lot of research on the JD standers before I bought my JD 757 ztr 2 weeks ago.
The reason I went with a ztr:
1) Better bagger (JD does not have a bagger for their standers). I do not bag grass- but I do bag leaves.
2) I thought the ztr would sell better when I wanted a new mower.
Now I almost wish I had bought a stander instead. Why?
1) I think the stander would be more productive. It is so much easier to get on and off of and has a better field of view.
2) It would take up far less space on a trailer and in the garage.
3) I could have bought an aftermarket bagger. Granted it would not have been as big as a ztr bagger, but again, I really don't use baggers much.
4) The stander was cheaper.
Overall I am very happy with the 757, just have lingering doubts as to whether I made the right choice.
I would be careful getting the 54" deck- you will not have much trimming ability vs a 60".
04-05-2006, 09:57 AM
I went with the stander for two reasons,
a) the price was much cheaper here,
b) I save 22 inches of trailer space with two of them.
I have no picked them up yet but, I will report after I get them....very soon.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.