PDA

View Full Version : Filling in Pool

GodsMan
04-04-2006, 11:01 PM
I have a project I am looking into for a client. He has an inground pool that he wants filled in. However I am sure there are laws prohibiting us from just hauling in several loads of fill and compacting. We are possibly looking into using jackhammers to bust out the pool and haul of the debris then bring in the fill. Another problem may be that it is only 15 feet off the water. We also have a deck attached as well as a dock that is going in. Any advice, comments or criticisms are highly welcomed.:confused:

wski4fun
04-04-2006, 11:05 PM
I know up in MA we could collapse the pool then fill it in. Didn't have to hual out the old one.

Splicer
04-04-2006, 11:26 PM
My Dads next door neighbor just did this a few years ago. Just brought in truckloads of fill and filled the pool up after removing the concrete walkway around it. Threw out some seed and VOILA!

GodsMan
04-04-2006, 11:30 PM
That would be terrific! I have to see what the regulations there might be though. I don't want to give the government any more money than absolutely necessary.:rolleyes: Thanks for the insight.

cedarcroft
04-04-2006, 11:37 PM
if you fill the pool, you need to punch holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. you basically knock the top coping and first foot or so of concrete into the pool and punch a few big holes in the bottom and fill with about 80 yards of fill.

Mike33
04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I agree with everything Cedarcroft said. I did this on a commercial apartment complex 2 years ago in md. I cant imagine any regulations saying you couldnt.
mike

GodsMan
04-06-2006, 12:16 AM
I am taking all of your advice to heart and really appreciate being able to get advice from people in the same industry. This is really a great place to learn.
Thanks again.