PDA

View Full Version : What prices do I charge?

SecondMile_Lawn_Care
04-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah I know I'm knew and I'm starting to hand out fliers tomarrow and I need to know what are the usual prices for each nuk and crany of this biz. How much to charge for mowing, aeration (maybe misspelled), Plowing, Tilling, Mulching, weeding, installing water sprinklers, Laying Bricks, Lawn Posts, etc... Now if I am correct in the sales side of things we boost like 15% on top of the price we pay? Now concidering that, Is there any major ware house that supplies lawn care companies? Now I'm not talking, Wal-Mart, Home Dept, Sears, or Lowes. Now if Home Depot and Lowes are the only places that do sale at like a ware house price then I will but I'm hoping to find cheeper. Please let me know quickly so I can share the prices with everyone I am selling to. Now I know that measuring the yard to see how much will need in supplies. But what is the going rate for let's say a 10x20. Which is a normal yard size. This way I can have some what of a figure to go by and show me any math so if I have to go with more yardage i can calculate easier.

trent515
04-04-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't know if I'd be handing out flyers if I didn't have even a remote idea on my price. I might be able to do a weekly cut for $25 here in Missouri on a 10X20(feet...yards...that's a freaking tiny yard either way), but pricing depends on market, overhead, desired margins, etc...

wski4fun
04-04-2006, 11:55 PM
When buying bushes and trees you want to add 50-100 % to cover them if they die. I assume you would gaurentee(sp?) your plantings.

firelwn
04-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Have you ever worked for a lawn or landscaping companey? Maby that is were you should start, get a feel for the buisness before you dive in and become the low baller as they say. Not trying to bash anyone but that is what I would do first.

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-05-2006, 01:19 AM
I have been to Santas Work Shop and the zoo and rode a mt. bike up pikes peak. However, it sounds as if you are going to have a hard row to hoe... I would assume living on the side of a mt. you are going to consume twice as much fuel as say someone in florida. The jet settings alone will run richer due to the high altitude. Doesnt the sign coming into Colo Springs say something like 10,000 + feet. I am 250 feet above sea level. Your season is shorter, warm ups are going to be longer (resulting in more fuel). I would start out with something in the local paper and possibly some flyers in the shops around there, to get your feet wet. BTW, a hydro WB 36 is your max. but would prob need a 21" or possiblably a 32" although the belt is gunna kill ya on the hills. Wouldnt want to mow your hills. Just walking the zoo I needed one leg about 10" shorter than the other just to stay upright.

lawnartisan
04-05-2006, 02:45 AM
10 x 20 is that feet. front yard only. Well, mow edge blow only no garden work. 12 minutes max with load and unload with the rite equipment. If they take the waste i say 35 a month every week if i have other customers local. 20-30 for every other week. 5-10 bucks more to take the grass. thats me rite now but my prices seem to be creeping up as I get more established

lawnartisan
04-05-2006, 02:51 AM
but im kinda lowball based on my local prices. which is a learning lesson. your not gonna do it that fast with a junky mower blower and trimmer. and practrice. ask a local gardner. see what he charges and charge 15 to 20 percent less cause your a rookie.

vanguard
04-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah I know I'm knew and I'm starting to hand out fliers tomarrow and I need to know what are the usual prices for each nuk and crany of this biz. How much to charge for mowing, aeration (maybe misspelled), Plowing, Tilling, Mulching, weeding, installing water sprinklers, Laying Bricks, Lawn Posts, etc... Now if I am correct in the sales side of things we boost like 15% on top of the price we pay? Now concidering that, Is there any major ware house that supplies lawn care companies? Now I'm not talking, Wal-Mart, Home Dept, Sears, or Lowes. Now if Home Depot and Lowes are the only places that do sale at like a ware house price then I will but I'm hoping to find cheeper. Please let me know quickly so I can share the prices with everyone I am selling to. Now I know that measuring the yard to see how much will need in supplies. But what is the going rate for let's say a 10x20. Which is a normal yard size. This way I can have some what of a figure to go by and show me any math so if I have to go with more yardage i can calculate easier.

Stay in, or go back to school! :dizzy:

StBalor
04-13-2006, 04:08 PM
10x20? Man that is small.

rickt
04-13-2006, 04:35 PM

There is no such thing as getting supplies at "warehouse" prices. Dont think your going to pass out flyers and get instant results, your lucky to get one call if that. We passed out over 20,000 flyers over a two week period and the first week only got (1) Call for mowing.

All_Clear
04-13-2006, 06:22 PM
.0025 x sq ft residential

.005 x sq ft commercial